Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Will files, creaetd in one function of the same script will be recognized in another function? Post 302992844 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 2nd of March 2017 10:30:21 AM
Old 03-02-2017
Pass the file name as an argument.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to do a function on all files in one run

Hello everybody I am trying to write a script in Cshell solaris 8 to read a number of files and do some commands on them (for example extracting some information) and send the results to one single file. I want to do that for all the files in one run. Could any body advise me on it. Thanks and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: Script/Function needed to read text property files in block wise

Hi, Iam in a need for a script/function in KSH where I want to read a text file (property file) in block by block. Here is the example: Heading Name Descripton Block Block1 Value1 Description Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysreenivas
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return a value from called function to the calling function

I have two scripts. script1.sh looks -------------------------------- #!/bin/bash display() { echo "Welcome to Unix" } display ----------------------------- Script2.sh #!/bin/bash sh script1.sh //simply calling script1.sh ------------------------------ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

6. Programming

How to step in one function after the function be executed in gdb?

In gdb, I can call one function with command "call", but how can I step in the function? I don't want to restart the program, but the function had been executed, gdb will execute next statement, and I don't know how to recall the function. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
4 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a shell script that calls two external Perl functions--one of which sorts the data in a file, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowit010
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Modify File Name in each function before calling another function.

I have a script which does gunzip, zip and untar. Input to the script is file name and file directory (where file is located) I am reading the input parameters as follows: FILENAME=$1 FILEDIR=$2 I have created 3 functions that are as follows: 1) gunzip file 2) unzip file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function - Make your function return an exit status

Hi All, Good Day, seeking for your assistance on how to not perform my 2nd, 3rd,4th etc.. function if my 1st function is in else condition. #Body function1() { if then echo "exist" else echo "not exist" } #if not exist in function1 my all other function will not proceed.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meister29
4 Replies
curl_multi_setopt(3)						  libcurl Manual					      curl_multi_setopt(3)

NAME
curl_multi_setopt - set options for a curl multi handle SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLMcode curl_multi_setopt(CURLM * multi_handle, CURLMoption option, param); DESCRIPTION
curl_multi_setopt() is used to tell a libcurl multi handle how to behave. By using the appropriate options to curl_multi_setopt(3), you can change libcurl's behaviour when using that multi handle. All options are set with the option followed by the parameter param. That parame- ter can be a long, a function pointer, an object pointer or a curl_off_t type, depending on what the specific option expects. Read this manual carefully as bad input values may cause libcurl to behave badly! You can only set one option in each function call. OPTIONS
CURLMOPT_SOCKETFUNCTION Pass a pointer to a function matching the curl_socket_callback prototype. The curl_multi_socket_action(3) function informs the application about updates in the socket (file descriptor) status by doing none, one, or multiple calls to the curl_socket_callback given in the param argument. They update the status with changes since the previous time a curl_multi_socket(3) function was called. If the given callback pointer is NULL, no callback will be called. Set the callback's userp argument with CURLMOPT_SOCKETDATA. See curl_multi_socket(3) for more callback details. CURLMOPT_SOCKETDATA Pass a pointer to whatever you want passed to the curl_socket_callback's forth argument, the userp pointer. This is not used by libcurl but only passed-thru as-is. Set the callback pointer with CURLMOPT_SOCKETFUNCTION. CURLMOPT_PIPELINING Pass a long set to 1 to enable or 0 to disable. Enabling pipelining on a multi handle will make it attempt to perform HTTP Pipelin- ing as far as possible for transfers using this handle. This means that if you add a second request that can use an already existing connection, the second request will be "piped" on the same connection rather than being executed in parallel. (Added in 7.16.0) CURLMOPT_TIMERFUNCTION Pass a pointer to a function matching the curl_multi_timer_callback prototype. This function will then be called when the timeout value changes. The timeout value is at what latest time the application should call one of the "performing" functions of the multi interface (curl_multi_socket_action(3) and curl_multi_perform(3)) - to allow libcurl to keep timeouts and retries etc to work. A timeout value of -1 means that there is no timeout at all, and 0 means that the timeout is already reached. Libcurl attempts to limit calling this only when the fixed future timeout time actually changes. See also CURLMOPT_TIMERDATA. This callback can be used instead of, or in addition to, curl_multi_timeout(3). (Added in 7.16.0) CURLMOPT_TIMERDATA Pass a pointer to whatever you want passed to the curl_multi_timer_callback's third argument, the userp pointer. This is not used by libcurl but only passed-thru as-is. Set the callback pointer with CURLMOPT_TIMERFUNCTION. (Added in 7.16.0) CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS Pass a long. The set number will be used as the maximum amount of simultaneously open connections that libcurl may cache. Default is 10, and libcurl will enlarge the size for each added easy handle to make it fit 4 times the number of added easy handles. By setting this option, you can prevent the cache size from growing beyond the limit set by you. When the cache is full, curl closes the oldest one in the cache to prevent the number of open connections from increasing. This option is for the multi handle's use only, when using the easy interface you should instead use the CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS option. (Added in 7.16.3) RETURNS
The standard CURLMcode for multi interface error codes. Note that it returns a CURLM_UNKNOWN_OPTION if you try setting an option that this version of libcurl doesn't know of. AVAILABILITY
This function was added in libcurl 7.15.4. SEE ALSO
curl_multi_cleanup(3), curl_multi_init(3), curl_multi_socket(3), curl_multi_info_read(3) libcurl 7.16.0 10 Oct 2006 curl_multi_setopt(3)