Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Call stack /bin/sh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Call stack /bin/sh Post 302992829 by julia_sus on Thursday 2nd of March 2017 06:19:24 AM
Old 03-02-2017
Thanks Rudic for this helpfull tip,

Last edited by julia_sus; 03-02-2017 at 07:27 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. AIX

core file missing part of call stack

It seems that since the Upgrade from aix 4.3 to 5.2 the corefiles are somehow truncated. I tried the debuggers ddd, xldb and gdb everytime the same results. i found this on the IBM site: IBM Information center: If some entries appear in the Call Stack monitor but others are missing, this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fuser: difference with bin/sh and bin/ksh shell script

Hi, I have a problem I don't understand with fuser. I launch a simple shell script mysleep.sh: I launch the command fuser -fu mysleep.sh but fuser doesn't return anything excepted: mysleep: Then I modify my script switching from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/ksh I launch the command fuser -fu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Nice command (priority) from /bin/ksh

Hello, I am just starting with shell scripting, as everyone will soon see from my question. What I'm trying to do is call the Nice command to set the script process priority from /bin/ksh. The difference is I'm running it not directly through the shell, but through Bigfix (very similar to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solly119
3 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Possible to use /usr/bin/watch to call a function?

I want to have a script both define functions and have the ability to run an external program calling one of them. This is the simplified construct: #!/bin/bash foo() { echo "this is foo" } bar() { echo "this is bar" } case "$1" in one) foo ;; two) export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: graysky
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View User Mode Call Stack of Hung Process

I have a multithreaded usermode program(actually a daemon) which is in hanged state. To debug it I tried attaching the process to gdb, but the gdb hangs. gstack also gets hanged. I peeped into the proc file system and saw the process to be in sleeping state. /proc/sysrq-trigger I guess... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of #!/bin/sh vs #!/bin/bash shell scripts?

Some question about the usage of shell scripts: 1.) Are the commands of the base shell scripts a subset of bash commands? 2.) Assume I got a long, long script WITHOUT the first line. How can I find out if the script was originally designed für "sh" or "bash"? 3.) How can I check a given... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
3 Replies
phones(4)							   File Formats 							 phones(4)

NAME
phones - remote host phone number database SYNOPSIS
/etc/phones DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/phones contains the system-wide private phone numbers for the tip(1) program. /etc/phones is normally unreadable, and so may contain privileged information. The format of /etc/phones is a series of lines of the form: <system-name>[ ]*<phone-number>. The system name is one of those defined in the remote(4) file and the phone number is constructed from [0123456789-=*%]. The `=' and `*' characters are indicators to the auto call units to pause and wait for a second dial tone (when going through an exchange). The `=' is required by the DF02-AC and the `*' is required by the BIZCOMP 1030. Comment lines are lines containing a `#' sign in the first column of the line. Only one phone number per line is permitted. However, if more than one line in the file contains the same system name tip(1) will attempt to dial each one in turn, until it establishes a connection. FILES
/etc/phones SEE ALSO
tip(1), remote(4) SunOS 5.10 14 Jan 1992 phones(4)