Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Save an specific part of a expect_out in a variable Post 302992712 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 1st of March 2017 12:03:58 AM
Old 03-01-2017
Try this:

Code:
#!/opt/tools/unsupported/expect-5.39/bin/expect --

set timeout 10
match_max 256
expect_after eof {exit 0}
log_file -noappend report.txt

puts -nonewline "Fetching link from ip..."
spawn -noecho ssh -l user ip
log_user 0

expect "Password:" { send "pasword\r" }
expect "$ " { send "date\r" }

expect "$ " { send "readlink /somelink\r" }
expect -r "readlink .*\r\n(.*)\r\n" {
    set CCM_BUILD $expect_out(1,string)
}

send_log "CCM: $CCM_BUILD"
puts ""
expect "$ " { send "date\r" }
expect "$ " { send "exit\r" }

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: A part of variable A's name is inside of variable B, how to update A?

This is what I tried: vara=${varb}_count (( vara += 1 )) Thanks for help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa3be
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Save contents of a Variable

I want to save the contents of a variable to a file. How can that be achieved? I have tried with: echo $varname > textfile.txt but for some reason it does not print anything. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carl_vieyra
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set specific part in command output into variable

I am trying unsuccessfully to set into a variable a specific part of command output: The command output will be as: line 1: <varied> line 2: 2 options: option 1: Set view: ** NONE ** or option 2: Set view: <different_name_of_views_always_without_spaces> and I would like to get into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: orit
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output in a variable

Hi, I have a 3rd party tool on Solaris 8. I am running it thorugh my script but I am not able to capture its output into a variable. Like, I tried, but did not work. output=`/usr/bin/myTool` echo $output Also, I tried saving in a file but when I run, output is always shown on the... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect_out buffer no such variable running script background

I am trying to use send and receive using expect. the expect_out(buffer) is working fine while it is running it as foreground. But the same script when it is ran as background, the expect_out(buffer) errored out. Is there any factor influence when we run script in foreground and in background? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the line starting with a pattern and save a part in variable

Hi i have a file which has mutiple line in it. inside that i have a pattern similar to this /abc/def/hij i want to fine the pattern starting with "/" and get the first word in between the the symbols "/" i.e. "abc" in this case into a variable. thanks in advance (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kichu
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simpler way to do this (save a list of files based on part of their name)

Hello, I have a script that checks every file with a specific extension in a specific directory. The file names contain some numerical output and I am recording the file names with the best n outcomes. The script finds all files in the directory with the extension .out.txt and uses awk to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To count total of specific character in a file and save its value to a variable

Hi all, I have a file that contains characters. How do I get total of spesific character from that file and save the count to a variable for doing for calculation. data.txt 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 6 7 8 5 4 3 4 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to download specific files and save in two folders

I am trying to download all files from a user authentication, password protected https site, with a particular extension (.bam). The files are ~20GB each and I am not sure if the below is the best way to do it. I am also not sure how to direct the downloaded files to a folder as well as external... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
EXPECT_EXPECTL(3)							 1							 EXPECT_EXPECTL(3)

expect_expectl - Waits until the output from a process matches one of the patterns, a specified time period has passed, or anEOFis seen

SYNOPSIS
int expect_expectl (resource $expect, array $cases, [array &$match]) DESCRIPTION
Waits until the output from a process matches one of the patterns, a specified time period has passed, or an EOF is seen. If $match is provided, then it is filled with the result of search. The matched string can be found in $match[0]. The match substrings (according to the parentheses) in the original pattern can be found in $match[1], $match[2], and so on, up to $match[9] (the limitation of libexpect). PARAMETERS
o $expect - An Expect stream, previously opened with expect_popen(3). o $cases - An array of expect cases. Each expect case is an indexed array, as described in the following table: Expect Case Array +----------+--------------------------+---+---+---+ |Index Key | | | | | | | | | | | | | Value Type | | | | | | | | | | | | Description | | | | | | | | | | | | Is Mandatory | | | | | | | | | | | | Default Value | | | | | | | | | | +----------+--------------------------+---+---+---+ | 0 | | | | | | | | | | | | | string | | | | | | | | | | | | pattern, that will be | | | | | | matched against the out- | | | | | | put from the stream | | | | | | | | | | | | yes | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | T{ 1 | | | | | | | | | | | | mixed | | | | | | | | | | | | value, that will be | | | | | | returned by this func- | | | | | | tion, if the pattern | | | | | | matches | | | | | | | | | | | | yes | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | T{ 2 | | | | | | | | | | | | integer | | | | | | | | | | | | pattern type, one of: | | | | | | EXP_GLOB, EXP_EXACT or | | | | | | EXP_REGEXP | | | | | | | | | | | | no | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | EXP_GLOB | | | | | | | | | | +----------+--------------------------+---+---+---+ RETURN VALUES
Returns value associated with the pattern that was matched. On failure this function returns: EXP_EOF, EXP_TIMEOUT or EXP_FULLBUFFER CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 0.2.1 | | | | | | | Prior to version 0.2.1, in $match parameter a | | | match string was returned, not an array of match | | | substrings. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 expect_expectl(3) example <?php // Copies file from remote host: ini_set("expect.timeout", 30); $stream = fopen("expect://scp user@remotehost:/var/log/messages /home/user/messages.txt", "r"); $cases = array( // array(pattern, value to return if pattern matched) array("password:", "asked for password"), array("yes/no)?", "asked for yes/no") ); while (true) { switch (expect_expectl($stream, $cases)) { case "asked for password": fwrite($stream, "my password "); break; case "asked for yes/no": fwrite($stream, "yes "); break; case EXP_TIMEOUT: case EXP_EOF: break 2; // break both the switch statement and the while loop default: die "Error has occurred!"; } } fclose($stream); ?> SEE ALSO
expect_popen(3). PHP Documentation Group EXPECT_EXPECTL(3)