Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems with a crontab shell Post 302992634 by Manolo on Tuesday 28th of February 2017 01:17:44 AM
Old 02-28-2017
Many thanks to all, indeed were problems of environment variables, already worked...

And of course I know it's not a backup as such, but it does serve me while we implement a strategy with RMAN ... thanks ...

Gracias a todos... un abrazo
This User Gave Thanks to Manolo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

no shell invoked in crontab

Hi all, I am trying to run a script in crontab but I receive the email below. Note the empty variable SHELL. Apparently cron doesn't invoke a shell. That explains the errors in the script it is trying to execute. Anyone know what maybe wrong? Subject: Output from cron job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivanushka
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab and shell pb

Hi, i try to execute the following in a crontab file and it doesn't work while the same line is OK on the Unix (AIX) shell command line. 42 15 * * 1 > /users/notes01/tata.${date +"%d%m%Y"} it seems to be a pb related to date flags expression but i can't see why , somebody have an idea ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i run a shell script without crontab.

Hi Folks, Could you please suggest me how to run a shell script on a solaris env without using crontab. I am actually trying to write a shell script which will grep "WORD" in the logfile andd sends a email.Thanks in advance. Thanks Sandeep. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep anand
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problems with crontab

I need your help please Inin a production system i found crontab entries was removed because i typed crontab -l with username corasc and didn't show anything. i asked the administrador to restored the mentioned crontab, he restored the crontab: The problem is when restored the crontab file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problems with script running with crontab

Hi, I'm trying the backup a few information commands of my Check Point FW (it's on a SPLAT linux machine). This is the script I wrote: #!/bin/bash cd /var/tmp/ file1=netstat_`/bin/date +%d%m%y`.txt file2=ifconfig_`/bin/date +%d%m%y`.txt file3=cpstatos_`/bin/date +%d%m%y`.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirsh
2 Replies

6. Debian

Problems with Crontab not executing scripts after edit

Hi all I installed Debian and i have a few scripts that outputs what is happening. The wierd part...after fresh install all works ok but after i open or edit Crontab it stops executing the scripts...and scripts runs manually so its not a problem with scripts...what happens is that i usually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ro0t3d
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change crontab from shell script

Hi All, I have scheduled a script to run every five minutes through crontab. If there is any issue with the script which may need manual intervention, I have used the mailx commands. But at the same time, I would want the cron to be disabled until the issue is resolved. Once things are fine,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

use crontab for a shell script..

hi, i have shell script which checks for service running on platform, if service is receiving calls, then do nothing if service is not receiving calls, then stop the service i want to run this script in 2 timeslots. i.e. in the day from 9 am to 5 pm it should run every 10 minutes and ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravah
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wants to change shell script into crontab

Hi friends, Actually i wrote many scripts in korn shell for time saving activity in storage domain. But every week i am spending some time for the running of script. So every Monday i wants to run my scripts automatically. So corn will be helpful according to my friend's opinion. But I don't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahendranath
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Crontab

Dear Folks, I have written a shell script which internally connects to oracle database through sqplplus command line. The script runs fine when run manually. Now I am scheduling it to run (Linux environment) from crontab. In crontab it is failing with an error: sqlplus command... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamojitc
6 Replies
pilot-read-todos(1)						    PILOT-LINK						       pilot-read-todos(1)

NAME
pilot-read-todos - Syncronize your Palm ToDo application's database with your desktop machine. SECTION
pilot-link: Userland conduits SYNOPSIS
pilot-read-todos [-p|--port <port>] [-q|--quiet] [-A|--archived] [-w|--write] pilot-read-todos [-f|--file file] [-A|--archived] [-w|--write] pilot-read-todos [--version] [-?|--help] [--usage] DESCRIPTION
pilot-read-todos will read the ToDo database on the Palm handheld, or read the ToDoDB.pdb file directly from disk on your desktop machine, and print the contents to STDOUT (generally the screen). Use only one of --port or --file. OPTIONS
pilot-read-todos option -f, --file file Read a local todo database file from disk for printing. Excludes --port. -A, --archived Write archived entries only, in human-readable format -w, --write Write output - every operation must include a write command. Conduit Options -p, --port port Use device file <port> to communicate with the Palm handheld device. If this is not specified, pilot-read-todos will look for the $PILOT- PORT environment variable. If neither are found or supplied, pilot-read-todos will print the usage information. Excludes --file. -q, --quiet Suppress 'Hit HotSync button' message -v, --version Display version of pilot-read-todos and exit without connecting. Help Options -h, --help Display the help synopsis for pilot-read-todos and exit without connecting. --usage Display a brief usage message and exit without connecting. USAGE
Connect to a target Palm handheld and read the ToDo database, or read the ToDoDB.pdb file from disk and print the entries found to STDOUT. EXAMPLES
Read the on-Palm ToDo database, and dump to STDOUT. pilot-read-todos -w -p /dev/pilot Read the ToDoDB.pdb file on disk, and dump to STDOUT pilot-read-todos -w -f ToDoDB.pdb AUTHOR
pilot-read-todos was originally written by Kenneth Albanowski BUGS
Known Bugs pilot-read-todos does not support Notes attached to ToDo items at this time. Reporting Bugs We have an online bug tracker. Using this is the only way to ensure that your bugs are recorded and that we can track them until they are resolved or closed. Reporting bugs via email, while easy, is not very useful in terms of accountability. Please point your browser to http://bugs.pilot-link.org: http://bugs.pilot-link.org and report your bugs and issues there. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. SEE ALSO
install-todo (1), install-todos (1), pilot-link(7) 0.12.5 Copyright 1996-2007 FSF pilot-read-todos(1)