Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to identify varying unique fields values from a text file in UNIX? Post 302992599 by manikandan23 on Monday 27th of February 2017 04:01:00 PM
Old 02-27-2017
Thanks for the response. But not really. There is no field separator as is. I have edited the file just for readability.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append tabs at the end of each line in NAWK -- varying fields

Hi, I need some help in knowing how I can append tabs at the end of each line... The data looks something like this: field1, field2, field3, field4 1 2 3 4 5 I have values in field1 and field 2 in the first row and I would like to append tab on field3 and field4 for the first row..and in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting records with unique fields from a fixed width txt file

Greetings, I would like to extract records from a fixed width text file that have unique field elements. Data is structured like this: John A Smith NY Mary C Jones WA Adam J Clark PA Mary Jones WA Fieldname / start-end position Firstname 1-10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitney
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse apart strings of comma separated data with varying number of fields

I have a situation where I am reading a text file line-by-line. Those lines of data contain comma separated fields of data. However, each line can vary in the number of fields it can contain. What I need to do is parse apart each line and write each field of data found (left to right) into a file.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Unique values in a file

Hi, I have a file like this: Some_String_Here 123 123 123 321 321 321 3432 3221 557 886 321 321 I would like to find only the unique values in the files and get the following output: Some_String_Here 123 321 3432 3221 557 886 I am trying to get this done using awk. Can someone please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing 2 text files to get unique values??

Hi all, I have got a problem while comparing 2 text files and the result should contains the unique values(Non repeatable). For eg: file1.txt 1 2 3 4 file2.txt 2 3 So after comaping the above 2 files I should get only 1 and 4 as the output. Pls help me out. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a text file in UNIX

My data is something like as shown below. Out of this i want the details of alarms (ex: 1947147711,1947147081......) and the fields( ex :sw=tacmwafabb9:shelf=1:slot=5-2:pport=2) Once i have these details separated, i want the count of these excluding the duplicates. What is the best possible way... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify high values "ÿ" in a text file using Unix command

I have high values (such as ÿÿÿÿ) in a text file contained in an Unix AIX server. I need to identify all the records which are having these high values and also get the position/column number in the record structure if possible. Is there any Unix command by which this can be done to : 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files, identify common records and combine unique values into one file

Good morning all, I have a problem that is one step beyond a standard awk compare. I would like to compare three files which have several thousand records against a fourth file. All of them have a value in each row that is identical, and one value in each of those rows which may be duplicated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nashton
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unique values in a row sum the next column in UNIX

Hi would like to ask you guys any advise regarding my problem I have this kind of data file.txt 111111111,20 111111111,50 222222222,70 333333333,40 444444444,10 444444444,20 I need to get this file1.txt 111111111,70 222222222,70 333333333,40 444444444,30 using this code I can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reks
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line if values in fields matches number and text

datafile: 2017-03-24 10:26:22.098566|5|'No Route for Sndr:RETEK RMS 00040 /ZZ Appl:PF Func:PD Txn:832 Group Cntr:None ISA CntlNr:None Ver:003050 '|'2'|'PFI'|'-'|'EAI_ED_DeleteAll'|'EAI_ED'|NULL|NULL|NULL|139050594|ActivityLog| 2017-03-27 02:50:02.028706|5|'No Route for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
Dancer::Response(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Dancer::Response(3pm)

NAME
Dancer::Response - Response object for Dancer SYNOPSIS
# create a new response object Dancer::Response->new( status => 200, content => 'this is my content' ); Dancer::SharedData->response->status; # 200 # fetch current response object my $response = Dancer::SharedData->response; # fetch the current status $response->status; # 200 # change the status $response->status(500); PUBLIC API
new Dancer::Response->new( status => 200, content => 'my content', headers => HTTP::Headers->new(...), ); create and return a new Dancer::Response object current my $response = Dancer::SharedData->response->current(); return the current Dancer::Response object, and reset the object exists if ($response->exists) { ... } test if the Dancer::Response object exists content # get the content my $content = $response->content; my $content = Dancer::SharedData->response->content; # set the content $response->content('my new content'); Dancer::SharedData->response->content('my new content'); set or get the content of the current response object status # get the status my $status = $response->status; my $status = Dancer::SharedData->response->status; # set the status $response->status(201); Dancer::SharedData->response->status(201); set or get the status of the current response object content_type # get the status my $ct = $response->content_type; my $ct = Dancer::SharedData->response->content_type; # set the status $response->content_type('application/json'); Dancer::SharedData->response->content_type('application/json'); set or get the status of the current response object pass $response->pass; Dancer::SharedData->response->pass; set the pass value to one for this response has_passed if ($response->has_passed) { ... } if (Dancer::SharedData->response->has_passed) { ... } test if the pass value is set to true halt Dancer::SharedData->response->halt(); $response->halt; halted if (Dancer::SharedData->response->halted) { ... } if ($response->halted) { ... } header # set the header $response->header('X-Foo' => 'bar'); Dancer::SharedData->response->header('X-Foo' => 'bar'); # get the header my $header = $response->header('X-Foo'); my $header = Dancer::SharedData->response->header('X-Foo'); get or set the value of a header headers $response->headers(HTTP::Headers->new(...)); Dancer::SharedData->response->headers(HTTP::Headers->new(...)); return the list of headers for the current response headers_to_array my $headers_psgi = $response->headers_to_array(); my $headers_psgi = Dancer::SharedData->response->headers_to_array(); this method is called before returning a PSGI response. It transforms the list of headers to an array reference. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-28 Dancer::Response(3pm)