Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems with a crontab shell Post 302992557 by Manolo on Monday 27th of February 2017 10:24:25 AM
Old 02-27-2017
Thanks, and yes, it's a pretty old version of oracle, I'll make the changes suggested by you ... thank you again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

no shell invoked in crontab

Hi all, I am trying to run a script in crontab but I receive the email below. Note the empty variable SHELL. Apparently cron doesn't invoke a shell. That explains the errors in the script it is trying to execute. Anyone know what maybe wrong? Subject: Output from cron job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivanushka
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab and shell pb

Hi, i try to execute the following in a crontab file and it doesn't work while the same line is OK on the Unix (AIX) shell command line. 42 15 * * 1 > /users/notes01/tata.${date +"%d%m%Y"} it seems to be a pb related to date flags expression but i can't see why , somebody have an idea ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i run a shell script without crontab.

Hi Folks, Could you please suggest me how to run a shell script on a solaris env without using crontab. I am actually trying to write a shell script which will grep "WORD" in the logfile andd sends a email.Thanks in advance. Thanks Sandeep. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep anand
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problems with crontab

I need your help please Inin a production system i found crontab entries was removed because i typed crontab -l with username corasc and didn't show anything. i asked the administrador to restored the mentioned crontab, he restored the crontab: The problem is when restored the crontab file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problems with script running with crontab

Hi, I'm trying the backup a few information commands of my Check Point FW (it's on a SPLAT linux machine). This is the script I wrote: #!/bin/bash cd /var/tmp/ file1=netstat_`/bin/date +%d%m%y`.txt file2=ifconfig_`/bin/date +%d%m%y`.txt file3=cpstatos_`/bin/date +%d%m%y`.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirsh
2 Replies

6. Debian

Problems with Crontab not executing scripts after edit

Hi all I installed Debian and i have a few scripts that outputs what is happening. The wierd part...after fresh install all works ok but after i open or edit Crontab it stops executing the scripts...and scripts runs manually so its not a problem with scripts...what happens is that i usually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ro0t3d
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change crontab from shell script

Hi All, I have scheduled a script to run every five minutes through crontab. If there is any issue with the script which may need manual intervention, I have used the mailx commands. But at the same time, I would want the cron to be disabled until the issue is resolved. Once things are fine,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

use crontab for a shell script..

hi, i have shell script which checks for service running on platform, if service is receiving calls, then do nothing if service is not receiving calls, then stop the service i want to run this script in 2 timeslots. i.e. in the day from 9 am to 5 pm it should run every 10 minutes and ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravah
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wants to change shell script into crontab

Hi friends, Actually i wrote many scripts in korn shell for time saving activity in storage domain. But every week i am spending some time for the running of script. So every Monday i wants to run my scripts automatically. So corn will be helpful according to my friend's opinion. But I don't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahendranath
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Crontab

Dear Folks, I have written a shell script which internally connects to oracle database through sqplplus command line. The script runs fine when run manually. Now I am scheduling it to run (Linux environment) from crontab. In crontab it is failing with an error: sqlplus command... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamojitc
6 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)