Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Epson Scanner
Special Forums Hardware Epson Scanner Post 302992529 by 1in10 on Monday 27th of February 2017 05:14:19 AM
Old 02-27-2017
May I just add this. It was my first adventure with just the same OEM to install the scanner, by the way one of the real hurdles for Linux or Unix. Look for the vendor ID, this is the crucial point, because it comes along the reverse way.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Epson Driver

hi i'm new here and my first problem ( and not the last) that i acquired a network laser printer epson epl 6200n and i can't print on it with unix sco5. is there a driver that allow this? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zapping
1 Replies

2. AIX

Epson lq2080 Aix 4.3.3

I'm trying to set up a print queue that connects to an Epson printer via a jetdirect. There are no Epson printer drivers so I set it up as "other". The problem is nothing will print to the printer. It goes in and out of the AIX queue. When you do an lpstat is looks like it's printing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seanaix43
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

epson driver

:confused: I want to install epson LQ1150 printer on a unix system ,epson doesnt have a unixdriver provided with it,which comptible driver would support the printer with unix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: athais
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UNIX, EPSON FX80+ and TVS 250 Champion

Does anyone knows if HP-UNIX supports Epson FX80+ and TVS 250 Champion? These are all dot matrix printers. I have been trying to look for the driver but no avail. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wyattwang
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Epson ESC/P2 on solaris prints LD

I am hoping someone can help me with this little riddle. I have an oldish Epson ESC/P2 which I connected to a solaris10 box, with 2 queues, 1 with the solaris print filter so I can print from Solaris (works fine), and a second raw queue so that windows machines can print to it. The raw queue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdommett
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some help with shell content scanner

Just started to create my own small content scanner that searches all the visible files on my server, but now I got stuck. It should be used to scan the files for phrases like in the following example. What I tried is the following code: #!/bin/bash find /home/userid*/public_html/ -size... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: medic
18 Replies

7. Linux

micro film scanner

epson microfilm 500 scsi: Is there any way to make this work under linux ? I'm using pclinuxos, it shows the machine in the device panel as sg2 and lists the machine , so Im guessing the kernel knows what it is, but I can't view it as a scanner or capture or input device . What catagory does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom1200
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

IP Scanner tool

Hey guys.. What is the best tool that can be used on Linux for IP scanning tool that can bring ping status, hostname, and any other open service. I wish I can find a tool like "The Dude" from Mikrotik, but that works only under Windows. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
4 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Can Scanner be Initialized from the Terminal

Hi, somewhat of a newbie with Linux, although I have been at it for about three weeks now. Is there a way to wake up or initialize my scanner with a command in the terminal? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klrman
6 Replies
sane-sp15c(5)						   SANE Scanner Access Now Easy 					     sane-sp15c(5)

NAME
sane-sp15c - SANE backend for Fujitsu ScanPartner 15C flatbed scanner DESCRIPTION
The sane-sp15c library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend which provides access to the Fujitsu flatbed scanners. At present, the following scanner is known to work with these backend: Vendor: Model: Rev: -------- ---------------- ----- FCPA ScanPartner 15C 1.01 The ScanPartner 15C driver supports lineart (1-bit), halftone (1-bit), grayscale (4-bit and 8-bit), and color (3 x 8-bit) scanning. Other scanners in these families may work. The ScanPartner 15C seems to be a repackaging of the ScanPartner 600C. People are encouraged to try these driver with the other scanners and to contact the author with test results. CONFIGURATION
A modest effort has been made to expose the standard options to the API. This allows frontends such as xscanimage to set scanning region, resolution, bit-depth (and color), and enable the automatic document feeder. SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-scsi(5), sane-fujitsu(5) Fujitsu ScanPartner 15C OEM Manual, Doc. No. 250-0081-0 Fujitsu M3096G OEM Manual, part number 50FH5028E-05 Fujitsu M3096GX/M3093GX/M3093DG OEM Manual, part number C150-E015...03 AUTHOR
Randolph Bentson <bentson@holmsjoen.com>, with credit to the unnamed author of the coolscan driver LIMITATIONS
Testing limited to a Linux 2.2.5 kernel Can't quite get the scan page/minute performance in ADF modes. This may be due to limited system buffer size. BUGS
I'm sure there are plenty, and not too well hidden, but I haven't seen them yet. Both scanners claim to have separate control of resolution in X and Y directions. I confess I haven't tested this yet. I have found that xsane doesn't even display this capability. Threshold settings on the SP15C don't seem to affect the results of lineart mode scans. It might be possible to merge these two drivers without much effort since the SP15C driver was derived from the M3096G driver. They were split so as to keep the second driver development from breaking the working first driver. Watch this space for changes. 14 Jul 2008 sane-sp15c(5)