Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Returning to the forum
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Returning to the forum Post 302992411 by Kelam_Magnus on Friday 24th of February 2017 01:27:25 PM
Old 02-24-2017
Data Returning to the forum

hey guys,

Im back! I hadnt thought about yall in a long time. I was googling away this morning and found a solution I needed from unix.com.

good to see yall are still here and going strong!

Im working as a Bladelogic Automation Engineer and have been doing HP and BMC server automation since 2007.

I dabble in some scripting but Im really rusty.

ping me if yall remember me from several years ago. back in the "augths" decade
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Kelam_Magnus For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning value from sqlplus

Hi, I need to return one value from sqlplus to UNIX environment. Can anyone give me an example? i.e. select username from v$session where sid=15; This query will return username value which I require in UNIX after exiting from sqlplus. Malay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP not returning CR

Hi all, I have a mainframe file which i am ftping to unix box. even though i have three records in my mainframe file the file on unix is coming as a single record. Can you help me out. Thanks, Hari (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikiranr
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning -ve value in a pattern

Dear Friends, I need your help once more. I want to write a simple select as follows select amount from books where sr=1234 However, if value of "Amount" is negative then it should print it as follows. "3000-" and not as "-3000" Can you help me in this? Waiting for reply Anu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning to menu

i have my script all setup but what i was wanting to know is, after a choice has been made on the menu and it completes, what command can i type in to return to the menu of the script. with my script, when a command is finished, it just asks me to input my choice but it doesn't show the menu. any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hotshot247
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update: Disabled Home Page Forum Statistics for Guests (Not Registered)

Just a quick update; to speed up the forums, I have disabled the forum statistics on the home page for non registered users. No changes for registered users. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile: Advanced Forum Statistics to Forum Home Page

For mobile users, I have just added a "first beta" Advanced Forum Statistics to the home page on mobile using CSS overflow:auto; so you can swipe if you need to see more. Google Search Console mobile usability says this page is "mobile friendly" so perhaps this will be useful for some of our... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
12 Replies
COLLECTD(1)							     collectd							       COLLECTD(1)

NAME
collectd - System statistics collection daemon SYNOPSIS
collectd [options] DESCRIPTION
collectd is a daemon that receives system statistics and makes them available in a number of ways. The main daemon itself doesn't have any real functionality apart from loading, querying and submitting to plugins. For a description of available plugins please see "PLUGINS" below. OPTIONS
Most of collectd's configuration is done using using a configfile. See collectd.conf(5) for an in-depth description of all options. -C <config-file> Specify an alternative config file. This is the place to go when you wish to change collectd's behavior. The path may be relative to the current working directory. -t Test the configuration only. The program immediately exits after parsing the config file. A return code not equal to zero indicates an error. -T Test the plugin read callbacks only. The program immediately exits after invoking the read callbacks once. A return code not equal to zero indicates an error. -P <pid-file> Specify an alternative pid file. This overwrites any settings in the config file. This is thought for init-scripts that require the PID-file in a certain directory to work correctly. For everyday-usage use the PIDFile config-option. -f Don't fork to the background. collectd will also not close standard file descriptors, detach from the session nor write a pid file. This is mainly thought for 'supervising' init replacements such as runit. -h Output usage information and exit. PLUGINS
As noted above, the real power of collectd lies within it's plugins. A (hopefully complete) list of plugins and short descriptions can be found in the README file that is distributed with the sourcecode. If you're using a package it's a good bet to search somewhere near /usr/share/doc/collectd. There are two big groups of plugins, input and output plugins: o Input plugins are queried periodically. They somehow acquire the current value of whatever they where designed to work with and submit these values back to the daemon, i. e. they "dispatch" the values. As an example, the "cpu plugin" reads the current cpu-counters of time spent in the various modes (user, system, nice, ...) and dispatches these counters to the daemon. o Output plugins get the dispatched values from the daemon and does something with them. Common applications are writing to RRD-files, CSV-files or sending the data over a network link to a remote box. Of course not all plugins fit neatly into one of the two above categories. The "network plugin", for example, is able to send (i. e. "write") and receive (i. e. "dispatch") values. Also, it opens a socket upon initialization and dispatches the values when it receives them and isn't triggered at the same time the input plugins are being read. You can think of the network receive part as working asynchronous if it helps. In addition to the above, there are "logging plugins". Right now those are the "logfile plugin" and the "syslog plugin". With these plugins collectd can provide information about issues and significant situations to the user. Several loglevels let you suppress uninteresting messages. Starting with version 4.3.0 collectd has support for monitoring. This is done by checking thresholds defined by the user. If a value is out of range, a notification will be dispatched to "notification plugins". See collectd.conf(5) for more detailed information about threshold checking. Please note that some plugins, that provide other means of communicating with the daemon, have manpages of their own to describe their functionality in more detail. In particular those are collectd-email(5), collectd-exec(5), collectd-perl(5), collectd-snmp(5), and collectd-unixsock(5) SIGNALS
collectd accepts the following signals: SIGINT, SIGTERM These signals cause collectd to shut down all plugins and terminate. SIGUSR1 This signal causes collectd to signal all plugins to flush data from internal caches. E. g. the "rrdtool plugin" will write all pending data to the RRD files. This is the same as using the "FLUSH -1" command of the "unixsock plugin". SEE ALSO
collectd.conf(5), collectd-email(5), collectd-exec(5), collectd-perl(5), collectd-snmp(5), collectd-unixsock(5), types.db(5), <http://collectd.org/> AUTHOR
Florian Forster <octo@verplant.org> 5.1.0 2012-04-02 COLLECTD(1)