Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Determine threshold for CPU
Operating Systems AIX Determine threshold for CPU Post 302992365 by vbe on Friday 24th of February 2017 07:52:44 AM
Old 02-24-2017
The truth is only the admin responsible on the machine could tell you... It will depend on your knowledge of what and how things run on a machine and so necessarily be not the same on another... furthermore the contentions will differ too, one beeing a memory hog the other a cPU intensive consumer because og laborious calculation algorithms...
A Generalist thing to apply threshold will be only valid on a generalist box...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to determine cpu&memory percentage usage per user

Using HP-UX v11 Need to monitor cpu and memory usage, total for system and separately for each user in command-line mode. Found out next ways to monitor total cpu usage under hp-ux: 1) vmstat, also shows free memory 2) sar -M ps -eo user,pcpu - does not work, means 'user-defined format'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hp-ux-user
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

apache threshold

Hi folks, how can i check apache threshold values via shell scripting and what factors need to check via shell scripting process or number of users or what. pls do advice me. Thanks, Bash (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

how could I use shell script to determine which CPU structure

how could I use shell script to determine which CPU structure because I found that I compile my program under Itanium base that cannot run on the PA-RISC base but PA-RISC program can run on Itanium base i would like to use shell script to know which CPU structure it is,how could i do thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to change CPU threshold high temperature

Hi, I have a NETRA 240 server wich should work on high temperature environment (up to 50 deg celsius). After reaching ~48 deg, the system is shuting down. The HighShutDownThreshold of the CPU is set to 89 deg The PowerOffThreshold of the CPU is set to 96 deg Please help me to change these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danielz
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

threshold

Hi, I have a table with 14 columns. How can I filter the columns 2-14, so that I get only those rows back in which the data values are >= 6 in 5 or more columns. :confused: E.g. A 6 6 3 6 7 8 B 1 2 3 4 5 5 C 2 2 2 6 7 8 Here I should only get back the row A. I would like to work from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieladna
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Rootvol above threshold

Hi there, Root filesystem is above threshold, I have search and cleared unwanted files which are filling up space. But the root fs is still above threshold. I don't know about veritas volume management. Can anyone show me how to solve this. Du shows /proc is occupying a lot of space. Most of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies
XChangePointerControl(3)					  XLIB FUNCTIONS					  XChangePointerControl(3)

NAME
XChangePointerControl, XGetPointerControl - control pointer SYNTAX
int XChangePointerControl(Display *display, Bool do_accel, Bool do_threshold, int accel_numerator, int accel_denominator, int threshold); int XGetPointerControl(Display *display, int *accel_numerator_return, int *accel_denominator_return, int *threshold_return); ARGUMENTS
accel_denominator Specifies the denominator for the acceleration multiplier. accel_denominator_return Returns the denominator for the acceleration multiplier. accel_numerator Specifies the numerator for the acceleration multiplier. accel_numerator_return Returns the numerator for the acceleration multiplier. display Specifies the connection to the X server. do_accel Specifies a Boolean value that controls whether the values for the accel_numerator or accel_denominator are used. do_threshold Specifies a Boolean value that controls whether the value for the threshold is used. threshold Specifies the acceleration threshold. threshold_return Returns the acceleration threshold. DESCRIPTION
The XChangePointerControl function defines how the pointing device moves. The acceleration, expressed as a fraction, is a multiplier for movement. For example, specifying 3/1 means the pointer moves three times as fast as normal. The fraction may be rounded arbitrarily by the X server. Acceleration only takes effect if the pointer moves more than threshold pixels at once and only applies to the amount beyond the value in the threshold argument. Setting a value to -1 restores the default. The values of the do_accel and do_threshold arguments must be True for the pointer values to be set, or the parameters are unchanged. Negative values (other than -1) generate a BadValue error, as does a zero value for the accel_denominator argument. XChangePointerControl can generate a BadValue error. The XGetPointerControl function returns the pointer's current acceleration multiplier and acceleration threshold. DIAGNOSTICS
BadValue Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argu- ment, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. SEE ALSO
Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.3.2 XChangePointerControl(3)