Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read contains within { and replace the word Post 302992362 by ghpradeep on Friday 24th of February 2017 07:29:50 AM
Old 02-24-2017
Read contains within { and replace the word

Hello Team,
I am looking for help to read contains from { } and replace the word.

basically, I need to use this for nagios configuration file where each host/service define within {}.

I want script or syntax to which read first word/line from {} and replace the desire word within that {}.

my nagios configuration file contains large no of hosts. I am looking for something which help me to manage easily.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How read and replace Microsoft word in Unix

Hi, I'm newbie in UNIX. I would like to ask how to read a file which in Microsoft word format? Inside the doc file is just a few sentences . "It is a text. Help me with it". and I would like to replace the the word of text to message. I was trying with this for i in `find . -type f -name... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tee
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read data word by word from given file & storing in variables

File having data in following format : file name : file.txt -------------------- 111111;name1 222222;name2 333333;name3 I want to read this file so that I can split these into two paramaters i.e. 111111 & name1 into two different variables(say value1 & value2). i.e val1=11111 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjoshi98
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word after a particular word in a file

Hi, I want to replace a word in a file which occurs after a particular word. For example : $cat file.txt CASE WHEN AND c1 = 'I' AND c2= '2' THEN 1 WHEN AND c1= 'I' AND c2= '0' THEN 2 So in this example i want to replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a word with another word

Hello Friends, How to substitue with a word by another word in file written in VI Editor. Thanks & Regards Siva Ranganath 7760774961 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranganath
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word in a string starting with another word

Hi All, I have a file in which a number of lines are starting with similar first word but different next words. I want to replace the any nth word(not 1st or 2nd) with another word. Eg:- My file contains are like this:- Ram is a boy. Ram is a good boy. Ram plays cricket. Here I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshbaranwal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read argument with $ value in the word

Hi i am having a shell script reading two arguments. when the shell script is passed with argument containing $ in it, the value from $ onwards is getting truncated and my script is failing. i have to do in reading the arguments in the shell script only as i am not having control on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duddukuri
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a File line by line and split into array word by word

Hi All, Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend I have a scenario where in which I have to read a file line by line and check for few words before redirecting to a file I have searched the forum but,either those answers dint work (perhaps because of my wrong under standing of how IFS... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i replace a word ending with "key" using awk excpet for one word?

echo {mbr_key,grp_key,dep_key,abc,xyz,aaa,ccc} | awk 'gsub(/^|abc,|$/,"") {print}' Required output {grp_key,xyz,aaa,ccc} (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
5 Replies
Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)

NAME
Nagios::Plugin::Config - read nagios plugin .ini style config files SYNOPSIS
# Read given nagios plugin config file $Config = Nagios::Plugin::Config->read( '/etc/nagios/plugins.ini' ); # Search for and read default nagios plugin config file $Config = Nagios::Plugin::Config->read(); # Access sections and properties (returns scalars or arrayrefs) $rootproperty = $Config->{_}->{rootproperty}; $one = $Config->{section}->{one}; $Foo = $Config->{section}->{Foo}; DESCRIPTION
Nagios::Plugin::Config is a subclass of the excellent Config::Tiny, with the following changes: o Repeated keys are allowed within sections, returning lists instead of scalars o Write functionality has been removed i.e. access is read only o Nagios::Plugin::Config searches for a default nagios plugins file if no explicit filename is given to "read()". The current standard locations checked are: /etc/nagios/plugins.ini /usr/local/nagios/etc/plugins.ini /usr/local/etc/nagios /etc/opt/nagios/plugins.ini /etc/nagios-plugins.ini /usr/local/etc/nagios-plugins.ini /etc/opt/nagios-plugins.ini To use a custom location, set a "NAGIOS_CONFIG_PATH" environment variable to the set of directories that should be checked. The first "plugins.ini" or "nagios-plugins.ini" file found will be used. SEE ALSO
Config::Tiny, Nagios::Plugin AUTHORS
This code is maintained by the Nagios Plugin Development Team: <http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net>. COPYRIGHT and LICENCE Copyright (C) 2006-2007 by Nagios Plugin Development Team This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-03 Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)