Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Need Help With System Recovery After HD Errors Post 302992326 by jgt on Thursday 23rd of February 2017 06:26:45 PM
Old 02-23-2017
dspecify the location in the bootstring.
Code:
defbootstr, srom=wd(1,0,0)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Automatic system recovery?

Hi all! I've a strange problem. I would use the GNU Make tool on HPUX 11.11. To archive this, i have compiled the sourcecode and renamed HP make in /usr/bin from make to make_old. Now i have make a softlink from /usr/local/bin/make (GNU version) to /usr/bin/make. All things here are ok, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

3. AIX

make a recovery CD/DVD - system has no writable devices

Hi, Has anyone please got some advise as to how I can make a CD/DVD on an AIX 5.3 system so that it can be fully recoverd just by inserting the backed up system. The system that I need to recover has no writable devices, not even a tape drive (it wasn't specified by me btw). I am trying to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevek007
0 Replies

4. AIX

System recovery

Hi everyone I'm green AIX user or rather beginner (light green). Unfortunately I have to restore my system + data from scratch (things happen) and make it up and running. I've never done it before. Can someone of you provide me with link/procedure/instruction how to do it? Now I know only:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fraydey
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM.

Hey peeps, Here is somethin u might find interestin.... Is it possible to recover data from a partition which used to be an ext3 file sytem with some nice forgotten backups, which now is an lvm partion containg root partition of another OS. :) I couldn't create any mess better than this, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux system recovery after overriding connect() by "ld.so.preload"

dear fellows; i have used ld.so.preload file to override connect() function, dynamic library overriding, it did worked really fine ...... but i went on to struck in a situation ... within the overrided connect() i have used printf once to see IP and Port to whom the connect request is being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mzeeshan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck.gfs2 outputs "RG recovery impossible; I can't fix this file system"

I have a CentOS release 5.2 (Final)host running kernel 2.6.18-92.el5 with at raid 10 that had two mirrored drives fail. The drives were re-inserted and now the raid shows healthy (for now). I tried to mount but got an Input/output error. I then attempted a fsck: fsck.gfs2 -y /dev/vg_01/uss_vol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_hippo
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Linux system hangs giving ntp errors

Hi folks, I am facing issue of my system (host1) getting hanged after throwing following ntpd messages. I am not able to ssh to the server there after. only option is to restart the host: Dec 29 02:58:51 host1 ntpd: time reset -0.207907 s Dec 29 02:58:51 host1 ntpd: synchronisation lost Dec 29... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiddhV
0 Replies
consvar(8)						      System Manager's Manual							consvar(8)

NAME
consvar - Manipulate system firmware console environment variables SYNOPSIS
/sbin/consvar [-v] [-nc] -g -s -l -a -d [variable] [value] OPTIONS
Verbose mode. Prints out the system IDs used by firmware, the current firmware revision, and information about the process. Get the value of the specified console environment variable. Set the value of the specified console environment variable. List the values of all vari- ables supported by this platform that are not disabled. This is similar to the show SRM console command. Save the values of all environ- ment variables to non-volatile storage. Setting a variable with the -s option only updates the in-memory copy of console environment vari- ables. The save process could take a long time on some platforms, so it is recommended that the variables are saved after all set opera- tions have been performed. List the system and exception database information. Do not perform value conversion. Variables that contain device information have an underlying console bootstring format. If this option is used, consvar does not convert between the Tru64 UNIX names for these devices, but accepts and displays the raw values. The same goes for integer values which are converted between strings and hexadecimal values. DESCRIPTION
Use the consvar command to get, set, list, and save console environment variables available on SRM system firmware. Some firmware versions on some platforms do not comply with the Alpha SRM when dealing with certain variables, or operations. To ensure UNIX functionality with such firmware, an exception database is consulted and these operations are disabled. By default, consvar accepts and displays device values with Tru64 UNIX device names, or their device special file names. The raw console bootstrings can be used by providing the -nc option. For information regarding the console environment variables, please refer to the Alpha System Reference Manual. RETURN VALUES
Success. Failure. EXAMPLES
To show the values of all available console variables, enter: % consvar -l To get the value of the booted_dev variable, enter: % consvar -g booted_dev A message similar to the following will be displayed: booted_dev = disk0 To set the value of boot_dev, enter the device name of the required boot device: % consvar -s boot_dev disk0 To save the values of the variables across system resets, enter: % consvar -a If an operation fails, you can find out if it is dis- abled by using the -v option. For example, to see if the bootdef_dev variable is disabled, enter: % consvar -v -g bootdef_dev The exception database can be printed out along with the status of the current platform's console variable support by entering: % consvar -v -d FILES
Specifies the command path. Exception database. SEE ALSO
Functions: getsysinfo(2), setsysinfo(2) consvar(8)