Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash to copy file 3 times and rename based on another file Post 302992235 by rbatte1 on Thursday 23rd of February 2017 07:08:33 AM
Old 02-23-2017
A much neater solution there without needlessly creating and stepping through an array. Would you mind if I borrowed it? Smilie

Kind regards,
Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename file based on first 3 characters of data in file

I'm looking to determine if I can use a grep command to read file and rename the file based on the first 3 characters of the data in the file. An example is: Read FileA If the first 3 positions of the data in the file are "ITP", then rename the file as FileA_ITP, else if the first 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jchappel
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy/rename file as date() unix/shell

File.jpg I want to copy and rename this as 2008-12-02.jpg I tried this copy File.jpg date '%y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S'.jpg This doesnt work.... what do i do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hdogg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy 1 file 5000 times and Rename each +1

Hi, Found lots of stuff that is close but no cigar... I have a file ie. a.txt, and I want to copy it to another directory 5000 times and call it: a1.txt a2.txt ... a5000.txt Struggling to put a loop together in this new world of AIX. please include full script for me to understand... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terry2009
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy and rename file..

hi all, I have one config folder and updates folder.updates folder contains file tmp_2.0_20201208_45.xml and config folder contains file tmp.xml.When the tmp_2.0_20201208_45.xml file is copied in the config folder the name of this file is changed in config folder again as tmp.xml(old... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

.sh file To rename existing file and copy new file

Hi All, I am very new to shell scripting . In my current task i want to create .sh file that will rename the existing file with appending _bu in it. And then copy new file . e.g if i have file linuxFirst.java then i want to rename it to linuxFirst_bu.java ..Then want replace with latest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshkaranjkar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename portion of file based on another file

Hello, I've been searching and reading, but I can't figure out how to solve this problem with my newbie skills. In my directory, I have a list of files (see dirlist.txt attachment) that I need to merge and rename. I have part of the code of the code figured out (see below). However, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjulka
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy range of lines in a file based on keywords from another file

Hi Guys, I have the following problem. I have original file (org.txt) that looks like this module v_1(.....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_2(....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_3(...) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writitng a script to rename file name and copy to other folder

Hi All, My requirement is as follows: A file (say abc) will be having list of the .txt file names. I need to read this abc file line by line and rename the .txt file names inside it and move them to other folder/path. Eg: abc ------- file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Output (should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan.yadalla
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Copy based on file receive date

I have bunch of files in my source folder like below and every day based on date I am receiving file ex: Nov 28,Nov 29,Nov 30 ... -rw-rw-r--+ 1 root root 20 Nov 27 06:00 aaaa27.txt -rw-rw-r--+ 1 root root 20 Nov 28 06:00 aaaa28.txt -rw-rw-r--+ 1 root root 20 Nov 29 06:00 aaaa29.txt I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish2014
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename specific file extension in directory with match to another file in bash

I have a specific set (all ending with .bam) of downloaded files in a directory /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API/2-15-2016. What I am trying to do is use a match to $2 in name to rename the downloaded files. To make things a more involved the date of the folder is unique and in the header of name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
SGTRFS(l)								 )								 SGTRFS(l)

NAME
SGTRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is tridiagonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SGTRFS( TRANS, N, NRHS, DL, D, DU, DLF, DF, DUF, DU2, IPIV, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, IWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER TRANS INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS INTEGER IPIV( * ), IWORK( * ) REAL B( LDB, * ), BERR( * ), D( * ), DF( * ), DL( * ), DLF( * ), DU( * ), DU2( * ), DUF( * ), FERR( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
SGTRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is tridiagonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
TRANS (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies the form of the system of equations: = 'N': A * X = B (No transpose) = 'T': A**T * X = B (Transpose) = 'C': A**H * X = B (Conjugate transpose = Transpose) N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. DL (input) REAL array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of A. D (input) REAL array, dimension (N) The diagonal elements of A. DU (input) REAL array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) superdiagonal elements of A. DLF (input) REAL array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) multipliers that define the matrix L from the LU factorization of A as computed by SGTTRF. DF (input) REAL array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the upper triangular matrix U from the LU factorization of A. DUF (input) REAL array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) elements of the first superdiagonal of U. DU2 (input) REAL array, dimension (N-2) The (n-2) elements of the second superdiagonal of U. IPIV (input) INTEGER array, dimension (N) The pivot indices; for 1 <= i <= n, row i of the matrix was interchanged with row IPIV(i). IPIV(i) will always be either i or i+1; IPIV(i) = i indicates a row interchange was not required. B (input) REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by SGTTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The estimated forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). The estimate is as reliable as the estimate for RCOND, and is almost always a slight overestimate of the true error. BERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (3*N) IWORK (workspace) INTEGER array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SGTRFS(l)