Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Which category do you belong to? Post 302992213 by 1in10 on Thursday 23rd of February 2017 02:31:14 AM
Old 02-23-2017
May you take into consideration that even the number of posts or beeing a private technical user could mean the very advanced user has all its equipment in his room to handle it. This could be a amateur or a pro. I had a friend working as a top pro, and his flat was full of servers, it went on like this, even when he lost his job. Add there are just addicts out there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing files that do not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing files that does not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
3 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to change the category?

Hi, I submitted my blog on UNIX in the links section. On submitting, i chose the category as Unix/Linux standards, which i now feel is incorrect. I would like to change the category of my link, but i don't find any option to change the category. Please help me in doing the needful. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file into given category and others using awk

Hi All, Would it be possible using awk to split a given file into two files based on a certain condition such that one output file will contain all lines that fit the condition while the other output file will contain lines that did not fit the condition? Here is a sample input file ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cympaulife
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing files that belong to a certain year date?

I'm trying to list files, first by size and I'm using something like this ls -l|awk '{print $5,$6,$7,$8,$9|"sort -nr"}'|more Now I'd like to just do the same listing but only for files with the year 2009 in the $8 field or even anything less than 2011. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the max value category

Hi, I have a file and I want the category for each row to be its highest value. gene highest medium lower lowest ABC 20 30 50 70 DEF 90 20 60 0 o/p gene highest medium lower lowest category ABC... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ldap , search groups that user belong

i want run query to identify witch groups that user A belong, CN=name,CN=Users,DC=mydomain ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data filtering and category assigning

Please consider the following file, I have many groups which can be of 3 types, T1 (Serial_Number 1) T2 (Serial_Number 2) and T1*T2 (all other Serial_Number). I want to only consider groups that have both T1 and T2 present and their values are different from each other. In the example file,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jianp83
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Category and count with awk

I want to categorize and count the as below: Input file: A1 G1 C1 F1 A2 G1 C1 F1 A3 G1 C1 F2 A4 G1 C2 F2 A7 G1 C2 F2 A8 G1 C2 F3 A11 G1 C2 F3 A23 G1 C2 F3 B4 G1 C2 F3 AC4 G2 C3 F4 B6 G2 C4 F4 BB5 G2 C4 F4 A25 G2 C5 F4 B13 G2 C5 F5 D12 G2 C5 F5 D2 G2 C5 F5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete records that do not belong to that day

i have a requirement to delete records that do not belong to that day. For example in a file that came on July 31st ,2018 there are records that belong to Aug 1st,2018 as well and I want to find and delete those records. I want to delete anything with 01-Aug-2018. I have several files like that. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya
6 Replies
SSCOP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  SSCOP(1)

NAME
sscop -- SSCOP transport protocol SYNOPSIS
sscop [-Fbefhirwx3] [-V X] [-W N] [-a p=v] [-l N] [-t t=m] [-v X] DESCRIPTION
The sscop tool implements the Q.2110 transport protocol. Normally the program reads from standard input and sends this input over the SSCOP protocol on the standard output file descriptor. This means, that the standard output file descriptor should be connected in read-write mode. The program takes the following arguments: -F Use frameing on the SSCOP connection (see the -f option). -V X Set the verbose flag to the hex value X. -W N Set the initial SSCOP window to N. -a p=v Set SSCOP parameter p to the value v. The following parameters may be set: j=N Set the maximum SSCOP-UU data size to N octets. k=N Set the maximum SSCOP SDU data size to N octets. cc=N Set the parameter MaxCC (maximum number of connection control message re-transmissions) to the value N. pd=N Set the parameter MaxPD (maximum acceptable number of outstanding unacknowledged SD PDUs before sending a POLL) to the value N. stat=N Set the parameter MaxSTAT (maximum number of elements placed in a STAT PDU) to the value N. -b Enable the ATM-Forum SSCOP robustness enhancement. -e Exit when there is an end of file condition on the input file or the SSCOP indicates a release confirmation. -f Use the framing protocol for communication over the SSCOP link. See frame(l) (libbegemot) for framing. -h Print a short help information and exit. -i Try not to read from the user input file descriptor. Assume that we a receiving only. -l N Loose every Nth message. This is used for testing. -r Revert user and SSCOP file descriptors. That means, that user input and output is done on standard output and SSCOP input and output on standard input. -t t=m Set SSCOP timer t to m milliseconds. The following timers may be set: cc=m Set the connection control timer to m. This timer controls the retransmission of connection control messages. poll=m Set the poll timer to m. This timer controls the transmission of POLL messages. ka=m Set the keep-alive timer to m. This timer controls the maximum length of the transient phase. nr=m Set the no-response timer to m. This timer controls the maximum time between two received STAT PDUs before the connection is aborted. idle=m Set the idle timer to m. This timer controls the length of the idle phase. -v X Set the SSCOP library verbose flag to the hex value. -w Don't start the SSCOP protocol. Wait for a establish indication from the remote side. -x Enable to POLL after retransmission flag. -3 Send user output to file descriptor 3. EXAMPLES
The following command line sends the file Makefile over a pipe (this depends on the feature that pipes are bi-directional): cat Makefile | sscop -reF | sscop -weF SEE ALSO
libunimsg(3) STANDARDS
The implemented protocol conforms to ITU-T recommendation Q.2110. AUTHORS
Hartmut Brandt <harti@FreeBSD.org> BSD
October 28, 2003 BSD