Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Alert for missing file in directory Post 302992136 by Adfire on Tuesday 21st of February 2017 11:42:10 PM
Old 02-22-2017
thanks for help

Deleting code

Last edited by Adfire; 02-24-2017 at 12:29 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

If any file resides for more than an hour in this directory then to raise an alert

Hi If there is a file upload done from a remote server and if the file remains without being extracted for more than an hour, I need to identify the files and create an alert message to the users in the other end. please help me writing a shell script for it. Regards Yazhini (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yazhini.t
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Missing Base Directory

Hey all, I'm attempting to migrate a zone from one system to another, but I noticed that on the new system ssl BASEDIR was missing. I was wondering if creating the directory path for this would fix the issue when I migrate files over. SSL is installed on the new system but does not show a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: em23
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send an alert if a file is present in a directory for 10 min

hi, A script which look into a directory and send an alert via a mail. If there is any file exisiting in a directory for more then 10 min. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solved: Missing whatis file from my /usr/shar/lib directory...

My whatis file is missing from my /usr/share/lib directory. I know I can recreate it by using catman -w command. My question is, why do all of my other servers have it and this one doesn't. Maybe due to a recent move of old to new servers and it just wasn't copied over. Unlikely, 'cause all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need to find out the missing files in the directory

Hi All, Below is my requirement. I want to display the missing files in the directory. Below is my example From SFTP we are copying 10 files every day. if any files missed on that day need to send a notification with missing files Test1.dat 20121107_00_file.csv 20121107_01_file.csv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbc17484
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

Directory missing

Hi, Archive backup log is /oracle_backup/logs . Since yesterday /logs directory is missing.How to find What has changed since the last time it has worked? OS -- Linux 2.6 x86_64 Regards, Maddy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory missing .how to find the cause .

Hi, i am using rhel6.4, i lost my directory under /home .is there any way to find the reason how that directory deleted and how to recover deleted folder. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayhirams
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CLI script for emailing alert if files missing in dir

thread removed (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: billabongjimmy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Systemd errors of missing file “No such file or directory” inspite of file being present

The contents of my service file srvtemplate-data-i4-s1.conf is Description=test service for users After=network.target local-fs.target Type=forking RemainAfterExit=no PIDFile=/data/i4/srvt.pid LimitCORE=infinity EnvironmentFile=%I . . . WantedBy=multi-user.target (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to check directory and create missing folder from file

In the below bash I am trying to ensure that all folders (represented by $folders) in a given directory are created. In the file f1 the trimmed folder will be there somewhere (will be multiple trimmed folders). When that trimmed folder is found (represented by $S5) the the contents of $2 printed... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
19 Replies
PTS_DELETE(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     PTS_DELETE(1)

NAME
pts_delete - Deletes a Protection Database entry SYNOPSIS
pts delete -nameorid <user or group name or id>+ [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] [-help] pts d -na <user or group name or id>+ [-c <cell name>] [-no] [-l] [-f] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The pts delete command removes each entry specified by the -nameorid argument from the Protection Database. Deleting entries affects other parts of the system in various ways: o Deleted users and groups still appear on access control lists (ACLs), but are listed by AFS UID or GID rather than by name, because there is no longer an associated name to which to translate the ID. To remove these obsolete entries from ACLs, use the fs cleanacl command. o Deleting a user or machine's entry removes it from the membership list of any group to which it belonged. o Deleting a group entry removes it from the membership list of any user or machine entry that belonged to the group, and also increments the group-creation quota of the group's creator by one, even if the creator no longer owns the group. To remove a user or machine from a group without actually deleting the entry, use the pts removeuser command. OPTIONS
-nameorid <user or group name or ID>+ Specifies the name or AFS UID of each user, the name or AFS GID of each group, or the IP address (complete or wildcard-style) or AFS UID of each machine entry to delete. It is acceptable to mix users, machines, and groups on the same command line, as well as names (IP addresses for machines) and IDs. Precede the GID of each group with a hyphen to indicate that it is negative. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). EXAMPLES
The following example deletes the user entries "pat" and "terry": % pts delete pat terry The following example deletes the Protection Database entry of the group with AFS GID -215. % pts delete -215 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must belong to the system:administrators group to delete user and machine entries. To delete group entries, the issuer must either own the group or belong to the system:administrators group. SEE ALSO
fs_cleanacl(1), pts(1), pts_removeuser(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_DELETE(1)