Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO UNIXware 7.1.4 system backups Post 302992068 by kpnuts on Tuesday 21st of February 2017 08:21:35 AM
Old 02-21-2017
SCO UNIXware 7.1.4 system backups

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me, I want to backup my sco unix system, I dont have an external/internal tape drive. How can I make a system backup?
I do have a CD-RW on the server. I am new to sco unix.

Please can anyone advise on what methods I can use, I have looked a cpio.

I tried the following to test:

find /home/test -print |cpio -ocvd > /home/test/test1.cpio

Thanks,

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO Unixware 2.1

I am using SCO Unixware 2.1 & some PC clients are connected, suddenly one message appearslike : UX:strintercept error: dropping message this message starts coming repeatedly & agtre some time system hangs.I had to reset the system & now the problem is not there.Please suggest, why this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paprch
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unixware 7 download

According to this thread: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=1 one guy says However, I cannot find any sco unixware7 iso download link in their download section (http://wdb1.sco.com/clbk_web/owa/dwn_customer), is it really for free, and if that is true, where can I download it? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phalcos
2 Replies

3. SCO

SCO Backups and Verify Log

Hi, I am after using TAR to backup to tape in SCO 5 but i want to produce a log that tells me that the backup has been successful. Any Suggestions (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfd7000
1 Replies

4. SCO

Samba 3.0.24 in SCO UnixWare 7.1.4

Please help me in troubleshooting my problem in Samba? I tried to instal Samba 3.0.24 in our SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 but after installing the nmbd daemon is not running. When i check the syslog from /var/adm, the following error appears: Sep 30 13:04:22 unixeei nmbd: bind failed on port 137... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_hing
0 Replies

5. SCO

sco unixware + oracle 8.0.5

hi, anybody can give procedure for how to install oracle 8.0.5 in sco unixware 7.1.4. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
0 Replies

6. SCO

Noob needs help with Sco Unixware 7.1

We are retiring a Unixware 7.1 server that has custom applications on it. It has Raid 5 and we would like to use the machine for other things. Is there a way we can image/clone to virtual machine file and run that VM within say Virtual PC 2007 or VMware? I am not aware of anything to do this. I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccd1977
20 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Unixware 7.1.1 Install - Need help

(sorry my English, is really poor). I have a SCO Unixware 7.1.1 and I need install in ML350 G3. Reading in google and HP web, make a floppy disks for install, but the options that I have is for network or floppy disk. How install from CD with patch for HP smart array 532 ?? or How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xplertor
5 Replies

8. SCO

Need Help with installtion of SCO UNIXware 7.0.1

Hi, I need help to install SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Can any one help with any documentation or installation notes for SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farhandalvi
1 Replies
BACKUP-WHATSTHIS(1)						   Chiark-backup					       BACKUP-WHATSTHIS(1)

NAME
backup-whatsthis - read an id off a tape and display it SYNOPSIS
backup-whatsthis [--list [n]] DESCRIPTION
`backup-whatsthis' is a simple script to display the TAPEID of the current tape and optionally list its contents. This script is a bit of a hack and may not be fully reliable. OPTIONS
--list [n] Print TAPEID then list archive n (default 0). Note that archives are numbered from zero. FILES
/etc/chiark-backup/settings.pl Configuration file for the whole of chiark-backup BUGS
`backup-whatsthis' is currently hardwired to assume `cpio' type backups when listing; it could be trivially hardwired to assume `zafio' or with slightly more effort it could be done properly :->. AUTHOR
This Manual page was written by Matthew Vernon <matthew@debian.org> but may be used by anyone. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-1998,2000-2001 Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> Copyright (C) 1999 Peter Maydell <pmaydell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Debian July 2003 BACKUP-WHATSTHIS(1)