Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Introduction
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Introduction Post 302991921 by wisecracker on Saturday 18th of February 2017 10:56:08 AM
Old 02-18-2017
Welcome friend...

Enjoy your stay here.

If you try hard at solving a problem of your own, no matter how bad your attempts, you will be inundated with help, the guys are only too willing to help those that help themselves.
If however you expect to use the site as a free scripting service you will receive a short shrift from the powers that be.

If you intend to learn *NIX shell scripting keep a close eye on all the throughput as some will be of use to you...

Good luck...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

introduction forum

sorry, I feel like such a dummy, but upon logging in you ask me to do a post introducing myself. I cannot find an "introduction forum" :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shed
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Introduction

Hi, I am new here. Recently I have started working on Unix Shell Scripting. So may I know from where to start... Regards, Darshak Raut (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Introduction

Hello, I couldn't find an actual introduction thread, so I decided to just put this here. I go by d0wngrade online. I have been programming in multiple languages for about 15+ years. I started with standard web design languages like HTML and CSS, but I then advanced from design to development... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d0wngrade
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

An Introduction to new Member

Hi guys, I am glad to be the part of this community. Hope my presence will be of great use for the people in this community. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subsystems
2 Replies
xotclsh(1)							XOTcl Applications							xotclsh(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
xotclsh - Tcl Shell containing object-oriented scripting language XOTcl SYNOPSIS
xotclsh ?filename arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
xotclsh is a shell-like application that reads XOTcl commands from its standard input or from a file and evaluates them. Similarly as the relation between tclsh and wish, xowish provides all functionality of xotclsh and provides as well predefined support for TK widgets. XOTcl (XOTcl, pronounced exotickle) is an object-oriented scripting language based on MIT's OTcl. It is intended as a value added replace- ment of OTcl. Scripting languages, such as Tcl, are designed for glueing components together, provide features such as dynamic extensibility and dynamic typing with automatic conversion, that make them well suited for rapid application development. The object system of XOTcl enables a user to to define objects, classes, and meta-classes. Classes are special objects with the purpose of managing other objects. ``Managing'' means that a class controls the creation and destruction of its instances and that it contains a repository of methods accessible for the instances. Every object may be enhanced with object-specific methods. XOTcl supports single and multiple inheritance. All object-class and class-class relationships in XOTcl are introspectable and can be dynamically changed at arbi- trary times. Ambiguities in name resolution of methods are avoided through method chaining through "next", which does not require explicit method naming. XOTcl combines the ideas of scripting and object-orientation in a way that preserves the benefits of both of them. It is equipped with sev- eral new language constructs that help building and managing complex systems. We added the following support: Dynamic Object Aggregations, to provide dynamic aggregations through nested namespaces (objects). Nested Classes, to reduce the interference of independently developed program structures. Assertions, to reduce the interface and the reliability problems caused by dynamic typing and, therefore, to ease the combination of many components. Meta-data, to enhance self-documentation of objects and classes. Per-object mixins, as a means to give an object dynamically access to the methods of one or several supplemental classes. Per-class mixins, as a means to give all instances of an class dynamically access to the methods of one or several supplemental classes. Filters as a means of abstractions over method invocations to implement large program structures, like design patterns. XOTcl provides a value-added replacement of Tcl package loading providing integration with object-oriented constructs and tracking/tracing of component loading. VARIABLES
xotclsh sets all variables that tclsh sets, and additionally the following variables: ::xotcl::version XOTcl version number. ::xotcl::confdir Directory for XOTcl configuration. ::xotcl::logdir Directory where logfiles are placed. KEYWORDS
argument, interpreter, prompt, script file, shell XOTcl xotclsh(1)