Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Request per second script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Request per second script Post 302991906 by Don Cragun on Saturday 18th of February 2017 12:23:19 AM
Old 02-18-2017
Repeatedly saying that you want to perform some unspecified task instead of doing it manually is getting us nowhere. Please clearly answer the questions I asked in post #4, or I will close this thread.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script http request

Hi everybody, I have a *.vbs file which I want to run automatically. I want to know if there is anyway to implement the given example for e.g "http://255.255.255.55/script.vbs" what I mean is does anyone know how to make an http request from a unix script?? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arksal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using a request script

I am creating a package(Solaris10 on sparc) that needs user input. As I understand it, I need to use a request script. My problem is that the value I set in my request script is not visible in my postinstall script. Not sure if I am doing it right. Here is an example request script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to modify BASEDIR with request script?

Here is request script: #!/bin/sh echo "Current install root path is " CONFIRM="n" while do BASEDIR="" while true do echo please input install root path then press : read BASEDIR if then echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpmp
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris request script

Hi, In the request script I need to read user input and store to variable to use it later in postinstall script. e.g. LOGDIR=/app/log echo "Please type the Log Directory : (current value: $LOGDIR)" read LOGDIR When asked, if the user enters a value the parameter is ok and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing out lynx request in a bash script

I have a Bash script where, in a loop, I access several urls. Sometimes, if an url is not available, lynx hangs, and the script does not continue. How can I time out the lynx request when it takes more than, 10 Seconds, but continue with the other jobs... For some reason lynx does not care... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request a script on manupilating the data. Please HELP!

Dear friends, I'm struggling to preparing a bunch of gaussian input files, say manually. It's really a time-consuming work without any techniques. I suppose that it could be done by a smart script automatically. But I lack some basic knowledge on scripting. Please help! My original input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for help with SGE submission script manipulation

Hi, I have the following SGE submission (HPC calculation) script, which is just a Bash script: #!/bin/bash -l #$ -S /bin/bash #$ -l h_rt=1:00:0 #$ -l mem=4G #$ -N XXX #$ -pe qlc 24 #$ -P XXX #$ -wd /home/uccaxxx/Scratch/222PdT/3vac/c0001/ mpirun -m $TMPDIR/machines -np $NSLOTS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script request

I've a master file which will contain 100 file names, The script should read file name from a master file and format the file as below in AIX. input file Filename This is a test file Output File Filename|This is a test file Thanks in advance for file in $FileList; do (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayakumar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting wget request within script

When using a browser and calling this url .. the data returns the proper range of information ichart dot finance dot yahoo dot com/table.csv?s=YAHOO&a=3&b=14&c=2012&d=03&e=20&f=2012&g=d&ignore.csv (geeze wont let me post url's sorry ) However in my script the formatting is messing up on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
4 Replies
iv_task(3)						    ivykis programmer's manual							iv_task(3)

NAME
iv_task_register, iv_task_unregister, iv_task_registered - deal with ivykis tasks SYNOPSIS
#include <iv.h> struct iv_task { void *cookie; void (*handler)(void *); }; void IV_TASK_INIT(struct iv_task *task); void iv_task_register(struct iv_task *task); void iv_task_unregister(struct iv_task *task); int iv_task_registered(struct iv_task *task); DESCRIPTION
The functions iv_task_register and iv_task_unregister register, respectively unregister, a task with the current thread's ivykis event loop. iv_task_registered on a task returns true if that task is currently registered with ivykis. A task is like a timer, but with an immediate timeout. When a task is registered, unless it is unregistered again first, the callback function specified by ->handler is guaranteed to be called once, in the thread that the task was registered in, some time after control returns to the ivykis main loop but before ivykis will sleep for more events, with ->cookie as its first and sole argument. When this hap- pens, the task is transparently unregistered. Tasks are mainly used for scheduling code for execution where it is not appropriate to directly run that code in the calling context (for example, because the current context might be run as a callback function where the caller expects certain conditions to remain invariant after the callback completes). The application is allowed to change the ->cookie and ->handler members at any time. A given struct iv_task can only be registered in one thread at a time, and a task can only be unregistered in the thread that it was regis- tered from. There is no limit on the number of tasks registered at once. See iv_examples(3) for programming examples. SEE ALSO
ivykis(3), iv_examples(3) ivykis 2010-08-15 iv_task(3)