Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change the ID of a SVC Node
Operating Systems AIX Change the ID of a SVC Node Post 302991809 by niyazi on Thursday 16th of February 2017 12:35:15 PM
Old 02-16-2017
You don't need to destroy the cluster. First you need to remove node 5 from cluster and re-add it. Eventually it will get the id 3. Same procedure for node 6 and it will get the id 4.

---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:33 PM ----------

Please make sure that you don't have any degraded hosts in your cluster, which means all hosts are connected to each node in the cluster.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 10: add new svc

Hi guys, I want to add a new 'service' to Solaris 10. Does anyone have any documentation that tells how to do that? I have gone through a bunch of stuff on the net that tells how to enable, disable services, find whats wrong with a service and so on. All conveniently skip mention of how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
6 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SDD for SVC on HP-UX and LINUX

Hello Unix Admins: Has any one in this distribution list implemented SVC (SAN Volume Contoller - A solution from IBM) in your environment? If you have, do you have any do's / don'ts? Anything which you like sharing would be really appreciated. For example, my inputs: I tried implementing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdossjojo
1 Replies

3. Solaris

svc Errors on OS startup

I'm having these weird errors. svc.configd: Fatal error: Backend copy failed: fails to read from /etc/svc/repository.db at offset 106496: Bad file number svc.configd: Fatal error: unable to create "boot" backup of "/etc/svc/repository.db" Mar 10 13:04:23 svc.startd:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
5 Replies

4. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

5. Solaris

svc:/network/physical:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/net-physical" failed with exit status 96. [ n

After a memory upgrade all network interfaces are misconfigued. How do i resolve this issue. Below are some out puts.thanks. ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig eg1000g0:2 plumb ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg1000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersonedouard
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Svc messages flooding the system logs every second

Hi all I have a newly installed Oracle X2-4 server running Solaris 10 x86 with the latest patches. I have one non-global zone configured running an Oracle DB instance. After configuring IPMP failover between two NICs on the server and rebooting I am seeing the /var/adm/messages being flooded... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
7 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Accessing one UNIX node from another node of the same server

Hi Experts, I am in need of running a script from one node say node 1 via node 2. My scheduling tool dont have access to node2 , so i need to invoke the list file from node1 but the script needs to run from node2. because the server to which i am hitting, is having access only for the node... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

Mount FIle systems from node-1 onto node-2

Hi, We have HP UX service guard cluster on OS 11.23. Recently 40+ LUNs presented to both nodes by SAN team but I was asked to mount them on only one node. I created required VGs/LVs, created VxFS and mounted all of them and they are working fine. Now client requested those FS on 2nd node as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

9. Solaris

VCS - 3 node - IP change

Hey Admins, I need steps to do an IP changes on 3-node VCS cluster. All IP's (public, cluster IP's, backup IP, etc.)want to change. We have a downtime scheduled. Please let me know the steps to do so. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies
clinfo(1M)						  System Administration Commands						clinfo(1M)

NAME
clinfo - display cluster information SYNOPSIS
clinfo [-nh] DESCRIPTION
The clinfo command displays cluster configuration information about the node from which the command is executed. Without arguments, clinfo returns an exit status of 0 if the node is configured and booted as part of a cluster. Otherwise, clinfo returns an exit status of 1. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Displays the highest node number allowed to be configured. This is different from the maximum number of nodes supported in a given cluster. The current highest configured node number can change immediately after the command returns since new nodes can be dynam- ically added to a running cluster. For example, clinfo -h might return 64, meaning that the highest number you can use to identify a node is 64. See the Sun Cluster 3.0 System Administration Guide for a description of utilities you can use to determine the number of nodes in a cluster. -n Prints the number of the node from which clinfo is executed. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. This is usually because the node is not configured or booted as part of a cluster. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 12 Mar 2002 clinfo(1M)