Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pandas vs Python CSV module
Top Forums Programming Pandas vs Python CSV module Post 302991806 by Corona688 on Thursday 16th of February 2017 11:21:08 AM
Old 02-16-2017
Moved to "Programming", since the question wasn't about shell script.

Your question amounts to the one which always has to be asked about Perl and Python.

How many rounds of installation whack-a-mole will you put yourself and others through, when you take this script anywhere else?

There's always beautiful modules which simplify your programs to one-liners, but who has them? Having to install modules to use it effectively means it's only useful to a system administrator.

Last edited by Corona688; 02-16-2017 at 12:33 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a Python CLI module

When I say "Command Line Interface" I mean the wrapper that allows you to type "commands" and have then correspond to pre-programmed actions... all the while making sure that it looks like you are INSIDE a shell of sorts. I had good hope for "common.cli" but that didnt last long, when I found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python subprocess module

I need to run this command using python subprocess module (notice I'm using only variables): cmd = TESTPATH + ' -s ' + serviceName + ' -r ' + rdir + \ ' -m ' + masterAcct + ' -p ' + persona + ' -P ' + passwd (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting specific Excel file tabs to CSV in Python

Hi list, This is probably something really simple, but I am not particularly familiar with Python so I thought I would ask as I know that python has an excel module. I have an excel document with multiple tabs of data and graphs. One of the tabs is just data which I require to have dumped to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

suggest a python module for automation..

Im planning to automate my testcases. Please suggest me a python module that will ease my automation scripting. General steps involved in the testcase execution: (all steps below are done in linux machine) 1) start the application under test (AUT) 2) connect to oracle/ms sql db and update... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: module to convert xlsx to csv

Is there any perl module to convert .xlsx file(excel sheet 2007) to a csv file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

6. Programming

Web browser module in python

Hi, I am trying to multiple urls in multiple tabs within a browser window. I am using webbrowser module in python: My code: import webbrowser li = for url in li: webbrowser.open_new_tab(url) This code works fine, if the browser is already opened. If the browser is not started... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Import 2 columns from 8 .csv files into pandas df (side by side) and write a new csv

I have 8 .csv files with 16 columns and "n" rows with no Header. I want to parse each of these .csv and get column and put the data into a new.csv. Once this is done, the new.csv should have 16 columns (2 from each input.csv) and "n" rows. Now, I want to just take the average of Column from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel to csv in python date not display exactly

Hi, Anyone can help I am just converting the excel file to csv using python, I can get the conversion output but the date not display exactly. test.xlsx date format 167 1588 risks/SCS JP CAMPANA & CIE.pdf SCS JP CAMPANA & CIE 2 1 1 0 2015-03-16 16:56:25 167 1146 risks/AirBNB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fspalero
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a CSV within xml element tag using Python?

Hi Team, I have a CSV file which I have to read through and needs to insert the content within an XML file using Python ONLY ( as most of the code base we have in python only). I managed to find the first part, missing how to insert to XML under "specific" tags. cat input.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
0 Replies
CPANINJECT(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    CPANINJECT(1p)

NAME
cpaninject - Inject a distribution for installation via the CPAN shell SYNOPSIS
# Add the distribution cpaninject myperlmodule.tar.gz # And then install it from the cpan shell cpan> install LOCAL/myperlmodule.tar.gz DESCRIPTION
cpaninject is a small front-end application for the CPAN::Inject module. It takes any arbitrary Perl distribution tarball (open source or otherwise) and injects it into the local CPAN file cache, smoothing some metadata files to make it look as if it came from CPAN. It makes use the officially blessed "Reserved Local CPAN Author" id "LOCAL" as the author the distributions are added under. To use the program, just run cpaninject mytarball.tar.gz to add it, then the CPAN shell to install it (with full automatic recursive dependency installation). The key here being the recursive dependency installation, which you are now able to do even for installing non-CPAN modules. This simplifies the installation process a little, and makes things easier on someone that just wants to install a single commercial or non-CPAN Perl module that might have a dozen or more CPAN dependencies. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=CPAN-Inject> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
CPAN::Mini::Inject COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2011-01-05 CPANINJECT(1p)