Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware What is my readl device id - BTRFS? Post 302991679 by hookedatwalla on Thursday 16th of February 2017 07:58:51 AM
Old 02-16-2017
This is an appliance that has its own "kernel".
Code:
Linux nas-B9-43-AA 4.1.21.x86_64.1

but under the hood it's:
Code:
root@nas-B9-43-AA:/# cat /etc/*release
PRETTY_NAME="ReadyNASOS 6.5.1"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="7"
VERSION="7 (wheezy)"

---------- Post updated 02-16-17 at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous update was 02-15-17 at 09:58 AM ----------

Hi,
Instead of going to the dentry - inode - superblock - device id.
I get the device Id using the getattr(..) on the dentry.

My solution is taken from the Suse patch in the subject (after alot of google digging).

btrfs: stat(2) and /proc/pid/maps returns different devices - Patchwork

Last edited by rbatte1; 02-15-2017 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags and corrected spelling

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Migrating non DID device in a metaset to DID device

One of my team colleague mistakenly added non DID device to a metaset in a cluster node and inturn it is again added to concat . In that metaset all devices are DID devices except only one . is it possible to convert this non DID device in metaset to DID device without recreating the whole... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekarsamy
0 Replies

3. Linux

Tutorial for btrfs

By any chance anyone knows of any tutorials available for btrfs? I am having a difficult time finding one and I thought maybe someone had a reference to one already... :rolleyes: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EssenceNY
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
ZFSLOADER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      ZFSLOADER(8)

NAME
zfsloader -- kernel bootstrapping final stage DESCRIPTION
zfsloader is an extended variant of loader(8) with added support for booting from ZFS. This document describes only differences from loader(8). ZFS FEATURES
zfsloader supports the following format for specifying ZFS filesystems which can be used wherever loader(8) refers to a device specification: zfs:pool/filesystem: where pool/filesystem is a ZFS filesystem name as described in zfs(8). If /etc/fstab does not have an entry for the root filesystem and vfs.root.mountfrom is not set, but currdev refers to a ZFS filesystem, then zfsloader will instruct kernel to use that filesystem as the root filesystem. ZFS COMMAND EXTENSIONS
lsdev [-v] Lists ZFS pools in addition to disks and partitions. Adding -v shows more ZFS pool details in a format that resembles zpool status output. lszfs filesystem A ZFS extended command that can be used to explore the ZFS filesystem hierarchy in a pool. Lists the immediate children of the filesystem. The filesystem hierarchy is rooted at a filesystem with the same name as the pool. FILES
/boot/zfsloader zfsloader itself. EXAMPLES
Set the default device used for loading a kernel from a ZFS filesystem: set currdev=zfs:tank/ROOT/knowngood: SEE ALSO
gptzfsboot(8), loader(8), zfs(8), zfsboot(8), zfsloader(8), zpool(8) HISTORY
The zfsloader first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
September 15, 2014 BSD