Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware What is my readl device id - BTRFS? Post 302991679 by hookedatwalla on Thursday 16th of February 2017 07:58:51 AM
Old 02-16-2017
This is an appliance that has its own "kernel".
Code:
Linux nas-B9-43-AA 4.1.21.x86_64.1

but under the hood it's:
Code:
root@nas-B9-43-AA:/# cat /etc/*release
PRETTY_NAME="ReadyNASOS 6.5.1"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="7"
VERSION="7 (wheezy)"

---------- Post updated 02-16-17 at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous update was 02-15-17 at 09:58 AM ----------

Hi,
Instead of going to the dentry - inode - superblock - device id.
I get the device Id using the getattr(..) on the dentry.

My solution is taken from the Suse patch in the subject (after alot of google digging).

btrfs: stat(2) and /proc/pid/maps returns different devices - Patchwork

Last edited by rbatte1; 02-15-2017 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags and corrected spelling

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Migrating non DID device in a metaset to DID device

One of my team colleague mistakenly added non DID device to a metaset in a cluster node and inturn it is again added to concat . In that metaset all devices are DID devices except only one . is it possible to convert this non DID device in metaset to DID device without recreating the whole... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekarsamy
0 Replies

3. Linux

Tutorial for btrfs

By any chance anyone knows of any tutorials available for btrfs? I am having a difficult time finding one and I thought maybe someone had a reference to one already... :rolleyes: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EssenceNY
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
SYSTEM-CONFIG-KICKSTART(8)				      Kickstart Configurator					SYSTEM-CONFIG-KICKSTART(8)

NAME
system-config-kickstart - graphical interface for creating kickstart files SYNOPSIS
system-config-kickstart [KSFILE] DESCRIPTION
system-config-kickstart provides a simple method of creating a kickstart file that can be used to automate the installation process on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora, and derived distributions. If given, the program will take its initial settings from the KSFILE provided on the command line. This allows editing of existing kick- start files. Currently, this program has some serious limitations. For example, it cannot work with LVM nor do advanced RAID and BTRFS configurations. These are supported by kickstart, but the graphical program does not provide a way to set them up nor manipulate them in existing kickstart files. OPTIONS
--help Print out program usage. --generate FILENAME Examine the system and create a kickstart file that more or less matches, writing the output to FILENAME. --display DISPLAY# Specify the X display to use. EXAMPLES
To run the program type: system-config-kickstart REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. AUTHORS
Chris Lumens <clumens@redhat.com> Brent Fox <bfox@redhat.com> Tammy Fox <tfox@redhat.com> Linux Fri 26 June 2013 SYSTEM-CONFIG-KICKSTART(8)