Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check specific content from log file Post 302991646 by nms on Wednesday 15th of February 2017 03:23:53 AM
Old 02-15-2017
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I modified the script to use -F instead and increased the sleep time (although this might not be really needed since -F helps in cases rotated log files.
We'll see how it goes and keep you posted.
fyi the OS is a CentOS release 6.6

Code:
#!/bin/bash

logfile=/opt/jboss-eap-6.3/standalone/log/server.log

while [ ! -f $logfile ]; do sleep 60; done

tail -F $logfile | \
while read line ; do
        echo "$line" | grep -q "SocketTimeoutException invoking http://10.192.1.8:8001: connect timed out"
        if [ $? = 0 ]
        then
            echo "ConnectionTimeout_ESB-OldStack=YES" > /home/nms/Disconnection_oldstack.txt
        else
            echo "ConnectionTimeout_ESB-OldStack=NO" > /home/nms/Disconnection_oldstack.txt
        fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the content of one file in another

Hi , I have a file called "X" . the content of X are X -- abc def and i have a file called "Y" , the content of Y are Y -- erty sdss s abc sfs def I need to check if the content of file X is contained in Y.Only unix (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific content in a file

Hi, I have a file called fl_list consists of files i have to archive. I want to create a exception parm called except_parm, so if it finds the directory it will not archive these files and remove from fl_list. $ cat fl_list /apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003B/IA003B_Deal_Header_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k9cheung
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to print the file content from the specific line

Hi All, I would like to print the content from the specific line of a file . For example... i have file abc.txt which has 100 lines of code ,from this file i would like to print the content from 20,19,18th line......like that Regards Srikanth (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file content into specific folders

Hi I have a large text file and I want to split its content into multiple flies. this large file contains several blocks of codes separated by a comment line for each block. this comment line represents a directory path So, when separate these blocks each into a separate file, This output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: turki_00
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from a file in specific format

Hi All, I have the file in this format **** Results Data **** Time or Step 1 2 20 0.000000000e+00 0s 0s 0s 1.024000000e+00 Us 0s 0s 1.100000000e+00 1s 0s 0s 1.100000001e+00 1s 0s 1s 2.024000000e+00 Us Us 1s 2.024000001e+00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to search some content of the file with specific to user

I have some users in one unix system and i want to search some files with specific to user and then i want to find some content inside that file so can u help me how we can implement it? File location is as below. /pools/home_unix/cmadireddy/work/models/model/ cmadireddy is user name. now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathigara
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check content of file

Hi All, I m very new to unix...i jus want to chk the content of file. ma requirement is if file has a content then display it else dont display or something pls specify which loop shalli use either for or while?? (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content merging at a specific location in a file

Hi, This is a bit lengthy problem, i will try to keep explaining it simple. I have got a file say file1 that contains the following in it, ------------------------------------------------------------------------ r201463 | ngupta@gmail.com | 2012-06-19 22:02:20 +0530 (Tue, 19 Jun 2012) |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashyap
3 Replies
ROTATELOGS(8)							    rotatelogs							     ROTATELOGS(8)

NAME
rotatelogs - Piped logging program to rotate Apache logs SYNOPSIS
rotatelogs [ -l ] [ -f ] logfile rotationtime|filesizeM [ offset ] SUMMARY
rotatelogs is a simple program for use in conjunction with Apache's piped logfile feature. It supports rotation based on a time interval or maximum size of the log. OPTIONS
-l Causes the use of local time rather than GMT as the base for the interval or for strftime(3) formatting with size-based rotation. Note that using -l in an environment which changes the GMT offset (such as for BST or DST) can lead to unpredictable results! -f Causes the logfile to be opened immediately, as soon as rotatelogs starts, instead of waiting for the first logfile entry to be read (for non-busy sites, there may be a substantial delay between when the server is started and when the first request is handled, meaning that the associated logfile does not "exist" until then, which causes problems from some automated logging tools). Available in version 2.2.9 and later. logfile rotationtime The time between log file rotations in seconds. The rotation occurs at the beginning of this interval. For example, if the rotation time is 3600, the log file will be rotated at the beginning of every hour; if the rotation time is 86400, the log file will be rotated every night at midnight. (If no data is logged during an interval, no file will be created.) filesizeM The maximum file size in megabytes followed by the letter M to specify size rather than time. offset The number of minutes offset from UTC. If omitted, zero is assumed and UTC is used. For example, to use local time in the zone UTC -5 hours, specify a value of -300 for this argument. In most cases, -l should be used instead of specifying an offset. EXAMPLES
CustomLog "|bin/rotatelogs /var/logs/logfile 86400" common This creates the files /var/logs/logfile.nnnn where nnnn is the system time at which the log nominally starts (this time will always be a multiple of the rotation time, so you can synchronize cron scripts with it). At the end of each rotation time (here after 24 hours) a new log is started. CustomLog "|bin/rotatelogs -l /var/logs/logfile.%Y.%m.%d 86400" common This creates the files /var/logs/logfile.yyyy.mm.dd where yyyy is the year, mm is the month, and dd is the day of the month. Logging will switch to a new file every day at midnight, local time. CustomLog "|bin/rotatelogs /var/logs/logfile 5M" common This configuration will rotate the logfile whenever it reaches a size of 5 megabytes. ErrorLog "|bin/rotatelogs /var/logs/errorlog.%Y-%m-%d-%H_%M_%S 5M" This configuration will rotate the error logfile whenever it reaches a size of 5 megabytes, and the suffix to the logfile name will be cre- ated of the form errorlog.YYYY-mm-dd-HH_MM_SS. PORTABILITY
The following logfile format string substitutions should be supported by all strftime(3) implementations, see the strftime(3) man page for library-specific extensions. o %A - full weekday name (localized) o %a - 3-character weekday name (localized) o %B - full month name (localized) o %b - 3-character month name (localized) o %c - date and time (localized) o %d - 2-digit day of month o %H - 2-digit hour (24 hour clock) o %I - 2-digit hour (12 hour clock) o %j - 3-digit day of year o %M - 2-digit minute o %m - 2-digit month o %p - am/pm of 12 hour clock (localized) o %S - 2-digit second o %U - 2-digit week of year (Sunday first day of week) o %W - 2-digit week of year (Monday first day of week) o %w - 1-digit weekday (Sunday first day of week) o %X - time (localized) o %x - date (localized) o %Y - 4-digit year o %y - 2-digit year o %Z - time zone name o %% - literal `%' Apache HTTP Server 2010-11-06 ROTATELOGS(8)