Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check specific content from log file Post 302991646 by nms on Wednesday 15th of February 2017 03:23:53 AM
Old 02-15-2017
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I modified the script to use -F instead and increased the sleep time (although this might not be really needed since -F helps in cases rotated log files.
We'll see how it goes and keep you posted.
fyi the OS is a CentOS release 6.6

Code:
#!/bin/bash

logfile=/opt/jboss-eap-6.3/standalone/log/server.log

while [ ! -f $logfile ]; do sleep 60; done

tail -F $logfile | \
while read line ; do
        echo "$line" | grep -q "SocketTimeoutException invoking http://10.192.1.8:8001: connect timed out"
        if [ $? = 0 ]
        then
            echo "ConnectionTimeout_ESB-OldStack=YES" > /home/nms/Disconnection_oldstack.txt
        else
            echo "ConnectionTimeout_ESB-OldStack=NO" > /home/nms/Disconnection_oldstack.txt
        fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the content of one file in another

Hi , I have a file called "X" . the content of X are X -- abc def and i have a file called "Y" , the content of Y are Y -- erty sdss s abc sfs def I need to check if the content of file X is contained in Y.Only unix (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific content in a file

Hi, I have a file called fl_list consists of files i have to archive. I want to create a exception parm called except_parm, so if it finds the directory it will not archive these files and remove from fl_list. $ cat fl_list /apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003B/IA003B_Deal_Header_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k9cheung
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to print the file content from the specific line

Hi All, I would like to print the content from the specific line of a file . For example... i have file abc.txt which has 100 lines of code ,from this file i would like to print the content from 20,19,18th line......like that Regards Srikanth (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file content into specific folders

Hi I have a large text file and I want to split its content into multiple flies. this large file contains several blocks of codes separated by a comment line for each block. this comment line represents a directory path So, when separate these blocks each into a separate file, This output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: turki_00
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from a file in specific format

Hi All, I have the file in this format **** Results Data **** Time or Step 1 2 20 0.000000000e+00 0s 0s 0s 1.024000000e+00 Us 0s 0s 1.100000000e+00 1s 0s 0s 1.100000001e+00 1s 0s 1s 2.024000000e+00 Us Us 1s 2.024000001e+00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to search some content of the file with specific to user

I have some users in one unix system and i want to search some files with specific to user and then i want to find some content inside that file so can u help me how we can implement it? File location is as below. /pools/home_unix/cmadireddy/work/models/model/ cmadireddy is user name. now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathigara
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check content of file

Hi All, I m very new to unix...i jus want to chk the content of file. ma requirement is if file has a content then display it else dont display or something pls specify which loop shalli use either for or while?? (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content merging at a specific location in a file

Hi, This is a bit lengthy problem, i will try to keep explaining it simple. I have got a file say file1 that contains the following in it, ------------------------------------------------------------------------ r201463 | ngupta@gmail.com | 2012-06-19 22:02:20 +0530 (Tue, 19 Jun 2012) |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashyap
3 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1 Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2 Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3 Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4 Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.11 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)