Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenVMS forum
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators OpenVMS forum Post 302991638 by milhan on Tuesday 14th of February 2017 07:17:03 PM
Old 02-14-2017
OpenVMS forum

Hello admins and moderators,

I was just wondering why you never opened an openVMS subforum under Operating Systems section. After all, openVMS is still active.

thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting an OpenVms .com to a UNIX ksh script

Does anyone know what a unix equivalent to the following OpenVms string would be? variable1 = F$FAO("!123AS",file_create_time) I can't seem to find the proper syntax of anything I try. Thx! J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prosserj
1 Replies

2. Programming

OpenVMS IPC and TCP/IP Programming

We have a requirement to port applications from Unix to HP Vax OpenVMS Server. For this I need to self-educate on various IPC and networking APIs available in OpenVMS. I goggled a lot but could not find of how to implement Semaphores, Message Queues and all other forms of IPC available in Unix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
7 Replies

3. Programming

Porting File from OPenVMS to AIX Unix

We are in requirement to port relative file organization files from OpenVMS V7.1-1H2 to AIX Unix. These file contains multiple binary records each of 512 bytes but it could be possible that a few bytes are padded up to fill the record structure. One of our thought process is to write a program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

upgrade path for Digital Alphastation 200 running openVMS 6.1?

I am not sure here is the right place to post this question. as openvms is under HP's belt now, i guess here might be the right place to try my luck. we have very old machines here which are still running quite well. (APLHASTATION 200 WITH OPENVMS 6.1) the only problem is difficulty of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheong
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Any OpenVMS 8.4 Users available?

Any takers on a seeminly simple question? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update: Disabled Home Page Forum Statistics for Guests (Not Registered)

Just a quick update; to speed up the forums, I have disabled the forum statistics on the home page for non registered users. No changes for registered users. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile: Advanced Forum Statistics to Forum Home Page

For mobile users, I have just added a "first beta" Advanced Forum Statistics to the home page on mobile using CSS overflow:auto; so you can swipe if you need to see more. Google Search Console mobile usability says this page is "mobile friendly" so perhaps this will be useful for some of our... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
12 Replies
MODERATORS(5)							File Formats Manual						     MODERATORS(5)

NAME
moderators - mail addresses for moderated Usenet newsgroups DESCRIPTION
The GetModeratorAddress(3) routine reads the file /etc/news/moderators to determine how to reach the moderator of a newsgroup. This is used by inews(1) when an unapproved local posting is made to a moderated newsgroup. The file is read until a match is found. Blank lines and lines starting with a number sign (``#'') are ignored. All other lines should consist of two fields separated by a colon. The first field is a wildmat(3)-style pattern. If it matches the name of the newsgroup, then the second field is taken to be a format string for sprintf(3). This string should have at most one %s parameter, which will be given the name of the newsgroup with periods transliterated to dashes. Here is a sample file: foo.important:announce-request@foo.com foo.*:%s@mailer.foo.com gnu.*:%s@prep.ai.mit.edu *:%s@uunet.uu.net Using the above file, postings to the moderated newsgroup in the left column will be sent to the address shown in the right column: foo.important announce-request@foo.com foo.x.announce foo-x-announce@mailer.foo.com gnu.emacs.sources gnu-emacs-sources@prep.ai.mit.edu comp.sources.unix comp-sources-unix@uunet.uu.net HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.15, dated 1996/09/06. SEE ALSO
inews(1), inn.conf(5), libinn(3), wildmat(3). MODERATORS(5)