Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Using Firefox/Chatzilla on standalone Post 302991636 by Corona688 on Tuesday 14th of February 2017 04:14:51 PM
Old 02-14-2017
Have you tried any IRC client besides chatzilla? A non browser-based one. Or even telnet. Your IRC server may actually be working already.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network standalone Unix box

I am using the Linksys router as my hub to network my Win 2000 PC and Unix box to the cable modem. However, I can only get connection for my Win 2000 PC. The Unix box was able to get connection initially (yesterday) but when I reboot the machine this morning, the network went dead. What did I do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: conflansun
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Standalone FTPD within SMF

Hello We are trying to run the WU_FTPD demon in standalone mode (-S argument) via an SMF service. Prior to SMF, this was achieved by simply commenting out the FTP line within the inetd.conf file. However, within SMF, I believe we need to carry out the following activities: i) Remove the FTP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CowsUdders
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation Procedure of UNIX on a standalone pc

Hi, I am nil about UNIX and i want to learn about. For this i want to install UNIX 5.0 on my home pc. Anyone please tell me the procedure to install it. The partition and all etc. etc.. My pc configuration is P-IV, 1.7GHz 40 GB HDD With regards, Phani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phanikmv
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure a network workstation to a standalone?

Hi, I have a networked ultra 5 workstation(using NIS) that I would like to be able to : 1. Reconfigure to standalone workstation, 2. and be able to switch back to a network workstation when the needs required. Please advise. Ryan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryantk
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java standalone online chat

Hello: I have a web domain hosted at 1and1.com. They provide a rudimentary chat program, but it's very basic, and froze up last evening (continuing on into this morning). Can anyone recommend a jave (javascript; php; http) -based standalone chat program, that I can embed (or link) into an html... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstuart
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

selfservice password change standalone Centos 5.7

Hello, can someone suggest, how to configure server, when a new user that is created on the server centos 5.7, should be prompted to reset their password on his start login. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies
POE::Component::IRC::Cookbook::BasicBot(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      POE::Component::IRC::Cookbook::BasicBot(3pm)

NAME
POE::Component::IRC::Cookbook::BasicBot - A basic IRC bot SYNOPSIS
This a very basic bot that connects to IRC, joins a few channels, and announces its arrival. DESCRIPTION
We start off quite simply: #!/usr/bin/env perl use strict; use warnings; Then we "use" the stuff we're going to...well, use. "::State" is a subclass which keeps track of state information related to channels and nicknames. It is needed by the "AutoJoin" plugin which takes care of keeping us on our channels. use POE; use POE::Component::IRC::State; use POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::AutoJoin; Next up is our POE session. We create it and list our event handlers. We then start the POE kernel. POE::Session->create( package_states => [ main => [ qw(_start irc_join) ] ] ); $poe_kernel->run(); Now all we have to do is write the handlers for "_start" and "irc_join". In "_start", we create our IRC component, add an "AutoJoin" plugin, register for the "irc_join" event, and connect to the IRC server. sub _start { my $irc = POE::Component::IRC::State->spawn( Nick => 'basic_bot', Server => 'irc.freenode.net', ); $irc->plugin_add('AutoJoin', POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::AutoJoin->new( Channels => [ '#test_channel1', '#test_channel2' ] )); $irc->yield(register => 'join'); $irc->yield('connect'); } Now comes our "irc_join" event handler. We send a message to the channel once we've joined it. sub irc_join { my $nick = (split /!/, $_[ARG0])[0]; my $channel = $_[ARG1]; my $irc = $_[SENDER]->get_heap(); # only send the message if we were the one joining if ($nick eq $irc->nick_name()) { $irc->yield(privmsg => $channel, 'Hi everybody!'); } } That's it! AUTHOR
Hinrik Oern Sigur`sson, hinrik.sig@gmail.com perl v5.14.2 2011-12-07 POE::Component::IRC::Cookbook::BasicBot(3pm)