Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Using Firefox/Chatzilla on standalone Post 302991618 by cybersecEG on Tuesday 14th of February 2017 02:30:59 PM
Old 02-14-2017
XML error

I am not connected to a network, after with all your guys help getting it atleast to use local host I am running into an error while chatzilla tries to connect

addond.productaddons WARN failed to download XML, status:0, reason: error

Last edited by cybersecEG; 02-14-2017 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: update
This User Gave Thanks to cybersecEG For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network standalone Unix box

I am using the Linksys router as my hub to network my Win 2000 PC and Unix box to the cable modem. However, I can only get connection for my Win 2000 PC. The Unix box was able to get connection initially (yesterday) but when I reboot the machine this morning, the network went dead. What did I do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: conflansun
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Standalone FTPD within SMF

Hello We are trying to run the WU_FTPD demon in standalone mode (-S argument) via an SMF service. Prior to SMF, this was achieved by simply commenting out the FTP line within the inetd.conf file. However, within SMF, I believe we need to carry out the following activities: i) Remove the FTP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CowsUdders
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation Procedure of UNIX on a standalone pc

Hi, I am nil about UNIX and i want to learn about. For this i want to install UNIX 5.0 on my home pc. Anyone please tell me the procedure to install it. The partition and all etc. etc.. My pc configuration is P-IV, 1.7GHz 40 GB HDD With regards, Phani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phanikmv
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure a network workstation to a standalone?

Hi, I have a networked ultra 5 workstation(using NIS) that I would like to be able to : 1. Reconfigure to standalone workstation, 2. and be able to switch back to a network workstation when the needs required. Please advise. Ryan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryantk
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java standalone online chat

Hello: I have a web domain hosted at 1and1.com. They provide a rudimentary chat program, but it's very basic, and froze up last evening (continuing on into this morning). Can anyone recommend a jave (javascript; php; http) -based standalone chat program, that I can embed (or link) into an html... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstuart
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

selfservice password change standalone Centos 5.7

Hello, can someone suggest, how to configure server, when a new user that is created on the server centos 5.7, should be prompted to reset their password on his start login. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies
AUSCOPE(1)						      General Commands Manual							AUSCOPE(1)

NAME
auscope - Network Audio System Protocol Filter SYNOPSIS
auscope [ option ] ... DESCRIPTION
auscope is an audio protocol filter that can be used to view the network packets being sent between an audio application and an audio server. auscope is written in Perl, so you must have Perl installed on your machine in order to run auscope. If your Perl executable is not installed as /usr/local/bin/perl, you should modify the first line of the auscope script to reflect the Perl executable's location. Or, you can invoke auscope as perl auscope [ option ] ... assuming the Perl executable is in your path. To operate, auscope must know the port on which it should listen for audio clients, the name of the desktop machine on which the audio server is running and the port to use to connect to the audio server. Both the output port (server) and input port (client) are automati- cally biased by 8000. The output port defaults to 0 and the input port defaults to 1. ARGUMENTS
-i<input-port> Specify the port that auscope will use to take requests from clients. -o<output-port> Determines the port that auscope will use to connect to the audio server. -h<audio server name> Determines the desktop machine name that auscope will use to find the audio server. -v<print-level> Determines the level of printing which auscope will provide. The print-level can be 0 or 1. The larger numbers provide greater output detail. EXAMPLES
In the following example, mcxterm is the name of the desktop machine running the audio server, which is connected to the TCP/IP network host tcphost. auscope uses the desktop machine with the -h command line option, will listen for client requests on port 8001 and connect to the audio server on port 8000. Ports (file descriptors) on the network host are used to read and write the audio protocol. The audio client auplay will connect to the audio server via the TCP/IP network host tcphost and port 8001: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm auplay -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 dial.snd In the following example, the auscope verbosity is increased to 1, and the audio client autool will connect to the audio server via the network host tcphost, while displaying its graphical interface on another server labmcx: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm -v1 autool -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 -display labmcx:0.0 SEE ALSO
nas(1), perl(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc. AUTHOR
Greg Renda, Network Computing Devices, Inc. 1.9.3 AUSCOPE(1)