Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Using Firefox/Chatzilla on standalone Post 302991608 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 14th of February 2017 11:58:48 AM
Old 02-14-2017
You would add a record into /etc/hosts such that you use your IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.100 as suggested above)
Code:
192.168.0.100       local.host

If there are already entries in here, that should not be a problem, unless they use the same name.

I hope that this helps,
Robin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network standalone Unix box

I am using the Linksys router as my hub to network my Win 2000 PC and Unix box to the cable modem. However, I can only get connection for my Win 2000 PC. The Unix box was able to get connection initially (yesterday) but when I reboot the machine this morning, the network went dead. What did I do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: conflansun
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Standalone FTPD within SMF

Hello We are trying to run the WU_FTPD demon in standalone mode (-S argument) via an SMF service. Prior to SMF, this was achieved by simply commenting out the FTP line within the inetd.conf file. However, within SMF, I believe we need to carry out the following activities: i) Remove the FTP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CowsUdders
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation Procedure of UNIX on a standalone pc

Hi, I am nil about UNIX and i want to learn about. For this i want to install UNIX 5.0 on my home pc. Anyone please tell me the procedure to install it. The partition and all etc. etc.. My pc configuration is P-IV, 1.7GHz 40 GB HDD With regards, Phani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phanikmv
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure a network workstation to a standalone?

Hi, I have a networked ultra 5 workstation(using NIS) that I would like to be able to : 1. Reconfigure to standalone workstation, 2. and be able to switch back to a network workstation when the needs required. Please advise. Ryan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryantk
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java standalone online chat

Hello: I have a web domain hosted at 1and1.com. They provide a rudimentary chat program, but it's very basic, and froze up last evening (continuing on into this morning). Can anyone recommend a jave (javascript; php; http) -based standalone chat program, that I can embed (or link) into an html... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstuart
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

selfservice password change standalone Centos 5.7

Hello, can someone suggest, how to configure server, when a new user that is created on the server centos 5.7, should be prompted to reset their password on his start login. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies
oidentd_masq.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					      oidentd_masq.conf(5)

NAME
oidentd_masq.conf - oidentd IP masquerading/NAT configuration file. DESCRIPTION
If you are using IP masquerading or NAT, oidentd can optionally return a username for connections from other machines. Support for this is specified by calling oidentd with the -m (or --masq) flag and by creating an /etc/oidentd_masq.conf file. oidentd can also forward requests for an IP masqueraded connection to the machine from which connection originates by way of the -f option. This will only work if the host to which the connection is forwarded is running oidentd with the -P (proxy) flag, or if the host's ident daemon will return a valid reply regardless of the input supplied by and the address of the host requesting the info (some ident daemons for windows do this, maybe others). FORMAT
<IP Address|Hostname>[/<Mask>] <Ident Response> <System Type> The first field contains the IP address or the hostname of a machine that IP masquerades through the machine on which oidentd runs. The mask parameter can be either a network mask or a mask in CIDR notation. A mask of 24 is equivalent to 255.255.255.0, a mask of 16 is equivalent to 255.255.0.0, etc. The second field specifies the reply that oidentd will return for lookups to the host matching the IP address specified in the first param- eter. The third field specifies the operating system the machine matching the first parameter is running. EXAMPLES
<Host>[/<Mask>] <Ident Response> <System Type> 192.168.1.1 someone UNIX 192.168.1.2 noone WINDOWS 192.168.1.1/32 user1 UNIX 192.168.1.0/24 user3 UNIX 192.168.0.0/16 user4 UNIX somehost user5 UNIX 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 user6 UNIX AUTHOR
Ryan McCabe <ryan@numb.org> http://dev.ojnk.net SEE ALSO
oidentd(8) oidentd.conf(5) version 2.0.8 13 Jul 2003 oidentd_masq.conf(5)