Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split files based on row delimiter count Post 302991555 by amvip on Monday 13th of February 2017 12:24:30 PM
Old 02-13-2017
Thanks. The command works fine. Just one thing.It takes really huge time to split a file say for size 3 GB. Is there a workaround for this? And just a small correction - Changed n=20000000 to n=2000000 as need files in chunks of 2 million rows and not 20 million.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming files using split with a delimiter

I have a directory of files that I need to rename by splitting the first and second halves of the filenames using the delimiter "-O" and then renaming with the second half first, followed by two underscores and then the first half. For example, natfinal1995annvol1_14.pdf -O filenum-20639 will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swimulator
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file based on group count

Hi, can some one please help me to split the file based on groups. like in the below scenario x indicates the begining of the group and the file should be split each with 2 groups below there are 10 groups it should create 5 files. could you please help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split into columns based on the parameter and use & as delimiter

Here is my source, i have million lines like this on a file. disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=& drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN I want to split this into columns in order to load in database, anything starts with"&mjv=6" as first... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split record based on delimiter

Hi, My inputfile contains field separaer is ^. 12^inms^ 13^fakdks^ssk^s3 23^avsd^ 13^fakdks^ssk^a4 I wanted to print only 2 delimiter occurence i.e 12^inms^ 23^avsd^ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Split String into smaller substrings based on count

KSH HP-SOL-Lin Cannot use xAWK I have several strings that are quite long and i want to break them down into smaller substrings. What I have String = "word1 word2 word3 word4 .....wordx" What I want String1="word1 word2" String2="word 3 word4" String3="word4 word5" Stringx="wordx... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split Large Files Based On Row Pattern..

Hi all. I've tried searching the web but could not find similar problem to mine. I have one large file to be splitted into several files based on the matching pattern found in each row. For example, let's say the file content: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email based on row count

i have below code to count number of rows in file1.txt, if the row count is more than one then i have sending an email along with file1.txt attached and fail the process(do nothing if count is <=1), if I test individually count part works good but when i include the email part its not working,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srini_106
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count delimiter(~|*) each row in a file and return 1 or 0

Hi I want to check delimiter in file. Delimiter in my file is ~|* sample of file : ABC~|*edgf~|*T1J333~|*20121130 ABC~|*sdaf~|*T1J333~|*20121130 ABC~|*fsdg~|*T1J333~|*20121130 ABC~|*dfsg~|*T1J333~|*20121130 in this i want to count number delimiter occur is 4 in each row if count is... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: MOHANP12
21 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - split data based on the count

Greetings Experts, I am generating a validation query through awk and facing an issue, which I need to overcome by splitting the data based on the pattern matching count in the value of an array. File1 -- Table11@column1@date@Table21@column1@varchar(10)@d;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux shell script to insert new lines based on delimiter count

The input file is a .dat file which is delimited by null (^@ in Linux). On a windows PC it looks something like this (numbers are masked with 1). https://i.imgur.com/nta2Gqp.jpg The entire file is in one row but it has multiple records - each record contains 80 fields i.e. there are 81 counts... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalnirvana
9 Replies
textutil::split(n)				    Text and string utilities, macro processing 				textutil::split(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
textutil::split - Procedures to split texts SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require textutil::split ?0.7? ::textutil::split::splitn string ?len? ::textutil::split::splitx string ?regexp? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package textutil::split provides commands that split strings by size and arbitrary regular expressions. The complete set of procedures is described below. ::textutil::split::splitn string ?len? This command splits the given string into chunks of len characters and returns a list containing these chunks. The argument len defaults to 1 if none is specified. A negative length is not allowed and will cause the command to throw an error. Providing an empty string as input is allowed, the command will then return an empty list. If the length of the string is not an entire multiple of the chunk length, then the last chunk in the generated list will be shorter than len. ::textutil::split::splitx string ?regexp? This command splits the string and return a list. The string is split according to the regular expression regexp instead of a simple list of chars. Note that if you parentheses are added into the regexp, the parentheses part of separator will be added into the result list as additional element. If the string is empty the result is the empty list, like for split. If regexp is empty the string is split at every character, like split does. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[\t \r\n]+". BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category textutil of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
regexp(n), split(n), string(n) KEYWORDS
regular expression, split, string textutil 0.7 textutil::split(n)