Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 'script' command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 'script' command Post 302991517 by jimmyf on Sunday 12th of February 2017 04:14:22 PM
Old 02-12-2017
thanks guys!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can anyone help with shell script command about searching word with grep command?

i want to search in the current directory all the files that contain one word for example "hello" i want to achieve it with the grep command but not with the grep * (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aintour
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check one command and if it fails moves to other command

Input is list of Server's, script is basically to remove old_rootvg, So it should check first command "alt_rootvg_op -X old_rootvg" if it passes move to next server and starts check and if it fails moves to other command "exportvg old_rootvg" for only that particular server. I came up with below,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Shell Script Does Second Command Wait For First Command To Complete

Hi All, I have a question related to Shell scripting. In my shell script, I have following two commands in sequence: sed 's/^/grep "^120" /g' $ORIGCHARGEDAMTLIST|sed "s;$;| cut -f$FIELD_NO1 -d '|' | awk '{ sum+=\$1} END {printf (\"%0.2f\\\n\", sum/100)}' >$TEMPFILE mv $TEMPFILE $ORIGFILE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set Command to output a log of every command executed in the script

Hi Guys, I like to output every command executed in the script to a file. I have tried set -x which does the same. But it is not giving the logs of the child script which is being called from my script. Is there any parameters in the Set command or someother way where i can see the log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script not working but command works in command prompt

Hi everyone I have a problem with my script If I try directly this command /usr/bin/nice -n 19 mysqldump -u root --password="******" wiki_schneider -c | nice -n 19 gzip -9 > /point_de_montage/$(date '+%Y%m%d')-wiki-db.sql.gz It works But if I simply add this command in a script and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: picemma
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
PARTY(1)						      General Commands Manual							  PARTY(1)

NAME
party - set OS responses mode SYNOPSIS
party ON|OFF|WHEREIS [ - ] dnv DESCRIPTION
Operating systems being what they are, the admin people can easily grow tired of command responses that resemble dyslexic eugene- speak filtered through Kernighan and Ritchie's collective back-brains. To alleviate this, we have included a slightly more `casual' mode, in which the responses to all commands are first filtered through a customising routine (DUDE) , which makes them sound a little more friendly while retaining their full information content (usually). The rooted(c) system prompt is changed to `What now, dude?' and output from each command is terminated by `No problem, dude.' OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode (ALL commands have a `verbose' mode). When this option is present, all filtered responses are preceeded by a message: `This response has been parsed by the DUDE filter and is not intended to be some sort of sleazy come-on.' -d Don't restart all processes after recompiling the /uselss/libs/eugene file (see below). This alows any important tasks to complete beforehand. -n Notify all users that they are about to be force-logged out and force-logged in again. ON Activates the DUDE filter. OFF De-activates the DUDE filter. WHEREIS Doesn't do anything, but we couldn't resist it. EXAMPLES
%-) party on What now, dude? To compare the differing responses, here is output provided by the ispi -s command, with party OFF and party ON: party OFF line who why how long ========================================================== 000 rooted that's you, dweeb! epoch ---------------------------------------------------------- 00F wp she's supposed to be 0:44:12 typing up the end of financial year report, but she's been doing her resume when she thinks no-one is watching ---------------------------------------------------------- 014 maint playing games, as usual 0:51:16 party ON Well, let's see who's on, eh? There's you, of course, on line 000 (Imagine that! Hahaha!) Oh look, on serIOus line 00F, it's that cute little secretary - looks like she's lost her keyboard template again, she's been hitting the escape key for the past five minutes! AND OF COURSE, the guys down in maintenance are playing `cosmic ballcrushers'. As usual. Well, who else, um, no-one really interesting like, ya know, oh hang on, DTR is toggling on serIOus line 03D.. oh, no problem, it's that stuffed modem again. You want maybe I should send some AMail to maintenance and get 'em to look at it? No problem, dude. What now, dude? FILES
/uselss/libs/bill&ted/DUDE This is the pipe process, usually started at system shoe, which lies idle until party ON is issued. /uselss/libs/eugene Contains all of the ordinary, ho-hum confusing computer - jargonese responses which commands ordinarily issue. Text file. /uselss/libs/eugene.spoo compiled version of the eugene file. /ephemeral/eugene.chex Checksum for the compiled eugene file. SEE ALSO
crp(1), stuffio(2), doobrie(9), gouge(3), ftang(65534), wi(-1), edmond(29), jumpstart(2), vo_mit(992) BUGS
The -n option can be slow. If the n option is issued, some users in a wi editing session may not receive the `warning, restart imminent' message until after the restart. There is no way selectively to follow symbolic links. Sunburne Computer, Inc. 9 October 1991 Aug 18, 1997 PARTY(1)