Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Having too many connections could affect performance ? Post 302991497 by alexcol on Saturday 11th of February 2017 06:53:58 PM
Old 02-11-2017
Thanks you very much for your Analisis and contribution to my concerns. but what do you mean when you say your major stumbling blocks ? i didnt get it.

---------- Post updated at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:18 PM ----------

sorry i know what you meant, i ve got it. thanks

---------- Post updated at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:40 PM ----------

which administrative commands can i use besides top for finding the stumbling blocks you mention and taking account the OS is obsolete ?

Thanks for your help

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

changig uid and the affect it will have

Hello, I have 2 sun servers. We are running Oracle apps. We have to apply patches to both servers whenever a patch needs to be applied for Oracle. We use the same username eg. applmgr on both servers. We have a shared patch area which we can run the patch from on both boxes. the uid for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d__browne
2 Replies

2. Solaris

making new default gateway take affect

How do you make the changes take affect when you change the subnet masks or default router without rebooting? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

affect variable

hi , i want to store variable but i get always error when i excute this command ligne : var = awk '{print $1}' file1 echo $var how can i store the var? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Will Password change affect authorized_keys?

Hello gurus, I have question. I have enabled ssh on the servers. I am planning to change the oracle user's(os user) password. If I change the password will it affect the authorized_keys? Do I need to regenerate it. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracleuser
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.profile - changes don't affect the login

I have modified the .profile in my profile and I don't see any effect. Why the changes don't have effect? I tried both on the account at a server where I have limited permissions as user and to my local pc (as user). Is it the .profile overridden by some other file? It looks weird because I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: myle
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Will creating symbolic links affect users

Hi, I have a quick question with regards to creating symbolic links. Would creating a symbolic link from one directory to a file in another cause any issues for users that are currently logged into the box. I don't believe it will unless they are using the file in question, but I would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chains
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

affect a exploded a string into an array

I would like to affect an exploded string into an array. one:two::fourinto an array: a => one a => two a => a => four Quite simple in other languages with functions like explode() or split(). The best I could come up with was this: until do token=${string%%:*} # takes the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script affect load average

Hello I have created next scritpt to do the next: chekp if host is alive. When the host down, launch telnet other equip to do checks. When execute the script the load average of the machines increase. For example: Before launch script top - 11:14:56 up 14 days, 18:06, 3 users, load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: capilla
3 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)