Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML files with spaces in the tag name, parse & display? Post 302991420 by jeffs42885 on Friday 10th of February 2017 09:38:43 AM
Old 02-10-2017
Excellent, thank you very much vgersh99. I still need to massage the file a bit but this is a major push in the right direction. thank you!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files with tag in a .xml file

Hi Guys! 1st of all, i am sorry for my bad english! I got a Sat-Receiver and i recorded some Stuff for my Children, now the Harddrive is full and i want to convert and rename it, that i can put it on DVDs But I've got a big Problem! I want to rename the files , with a tag in a xml file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crusty
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve the value from XML tag whose end tag is in next line

Hi All, Find the following code: <Universal>D38x82j1JJ </Universal> I want to retrieve the value of <Universal> tag as below: Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Script to parse a XML tag

I have an XML tag like this: <property name="agent" value="/var/tmp/root/eclipse" /> Is there way using awk that i can get the value from the above tag. So the output should be: /var/tmp/root/eclipse Help will be appreciated. Regards, Adi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
6 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Trying to parse a xml file for only one tag

I have a xml file in where I need to parse only a particular tag and print the output in the shell script. Here is the tag info in the xml file <dp:file> This is dp file output </dp:file> Output should be printed as This is dp file output. Please help.Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell command need to parse multiple nested tag value of a XML file

I have this XML file - <gp> <mms>1110012</mms> <tg>988</tg> <mm>LongTime</mm> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Desti = Motion</lkid> <kk>12</kk> </lv> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Source = Velocity</lkid> <kk>2</kk> </lv> <lv> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedASolution
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parse between to tag with upper tag

Hi Guys Here is my Input : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xn:MeContext id="01736"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="01736"> <xn:attributes> <xn:vsDataType>vsDataMeContext</xn:vsDataType> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}]

I am trying find files in sub dir with certain tags using tag command, and add the period to the beginning. I can't use chflags hidden {} cause it doesn't add period to the beginning of the string for web purpose. So far with my knowledge, I only know mdfind or tag can be used to search files with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
FEGETROUND(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     FEGETROUND(3)

NAME
fegetround, fesetround -- functions providing access to the floating-point rounding mode. SYNOPSIS
#include <fenv.h> #pragma STDC FENV_ACCESS ON int fegetround(void); int fesetround(int round); DESCRIPTION
These functions provide control of floating-point rounding direction modes. The fegetround() function gets the current rounding direction. It returns the value of the rounding direction macro representing the current rounding direction, or a negative value if either there is no corresponding macro or if the rounding direction is not determinable. The fesetround() function sets the rounding direction to be that specified by the argument round. If the argument is not equal to the value of one of the rounding direction macros, the rounding direction is not changed. It returns zero if and only if the requested rounding direc- tion was established. SEE ALSO
fenv(3), feclearexcept(3), fegetenv(3), fegetexceptflag(3), feholdexcept(3), fesetenv(3), feraiseexcept(3), fesetexceptflag(3), feraiseexcept(3), feupdateenv(3) STANDARDS
These functions conform to ISO/IEC 9899:TC3. BSD
May 9, 2011 BSD