Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rename text file with a specific pattern in directory Post 302991356 by cmccabe on Thursday 9th of February 2017 01:09:38 PM
Old 02-09-2017
Rename text file with a specific pattern in directory

I am trying to rename all text files in a directory that match a pattern. The current command below seems to be using the directory path in the name and since it already exists, will not do the rename. I am not sure what I am missing? Thank you Smilie.

Files to rename in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/test/vcf/overall/annovar
Code:
16-0000_File-A_variant_strandbias_readcount.vcf.hg19_multianno_dbremoved_removed_final_index_inheritence_import_classify.txt
16-0002_File-B_variant_strandbias_readcount.vcf.hg19_multianno_dbremoved_removed_final_index_inheritence_import_classify.txt
16-0005_File-C_variant_strandbias_readcount.vcf.hg19_multianno_dbremoved_removed_final_index_inheritence_import_classify.txt

desired output
Code:
16-0000_File-A_hg19multianno.txt
16-0002_File-B_hg19multianno.txt
16-0005_File-C_hg19multianno.txt

Code:
rename 's/(.*?_[^_]+).*/${1}_hg19multianno.txt/g' /home/cmccabe/Desktop/test/vcf/overall/annovar/*_classify.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting text and reusing the text to rename file

Hi, I have some ps files where I want to ectract/copy a certain number from and use that number to rename the ps file. eg: 'file.ps' contains following text: 14 (09 01 932688 0)t the text can be variable, the only fixed element is the '14 ('. The problem is that the fixed element can appear... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnDS
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i break a text file into parts that occur between a specific pattern

How can i break a text file into parts that occur between a specific pattern? I have text file having various xml many tags like which starts with the tag "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" . I have to break the whole file into several xmls by looking for the above pattern. All the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific string and rename file

Hi all, I am working on a small prog.. i have a file.txt which contains random data... K LINES V4 ADD CODE `COMPANY` ADD CODE `DISTRIBUTOR` SEQ NAME^K LINES V5 SEQ NAME^K LINES V6 ADD `PACK-LDATE` SEQ NAME^K^KCOMMAND END^KHEADINFO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mukeshguliao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove last text of a file that have specific pattern

Input file matrix-remodelling_associated_8_ aurora_interacting_1_ L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B_ . . Output file matrix-remodelling_associated_8 aurora_interacting_1 L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

look for file size greater than "0" of specific pattern and move those to another directory

Hi , i have some files of specific pattern ...i need to look for files which are having size greater than zero and move those files to another directory.. Ex... abc_0702, abc_0709, abc_782 abc_1234 ...etc need to find out which is having the size >0 and move those to target directory..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename the file with specific pattern

Hello I am making a script where I need to rename the files but with different names.The file name could be change according to the product I made a logic but that is not working properly arr=$(echo a@b@c | tr "@" "\n") echo $arr output is a b c arry=$(echo d@e@f | tr "@" "\n") ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename specific file extension in directory with match to another file in bash

I have a specific set (all ending with .bam) of downloaded files in a directory /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API/2-15-2016. What I am trying to do is use a match to $2 in name to rename the downloaded files. To make things a more involved the date of the folder is unique and in the header of name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to zip csv files having specific pattern in a directory using UNIX shell script?

I have files in a Linux directory . Some of the file is listed below -rw-rw-r--. 1 roots roots 0 Dec 23 02:17 zzz_123_00000_A_1.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 roots roots 0 Dec 23 02:18 zzz_121_00000_A_2.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 roots roots 0 Dec 23 02:18 zzz_124_00000_A_3.csv drwxrwxr-x. 2 roots roots 6 Dec 23... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match all lines in file where specific text pattern is less than

In the below file I am trying to grep or similar, all lines where only AF= is less than 0.4.. Thank you :). grep grep "AF=" ,+ .4 file file 12 112036782 . T C 34.0248 PASS ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
VCF-ANNOTATE(1) 						   User Commands						   VCF-ANNOTATE(1)

NAME
vcf-annotate - annotate VCF file, add filters or custom annotations SYNOPSIS
cat in.vcf | vcf-annotate [OPTIONS] > out.vcf DESCRIPTION
About: Annotates VCF file, adding filters or custom annotations. Requires tabix indexed file with annotations. Currently annotates only the INFO column, but it will be extended on demand. OPTIONS
-a, --annotations <file.gz> The tabix indexed file with the annotations: CHR FROM[ TO][ VALUE]+. -c, --columns <list> The list of columns in the annotation file, e.g. CHROM,FROM,TO,-,INFO/STR,INFO/GN. The dash in this example indicates that the third column should be ignored. If TO is not present, it is assumed that TO equals to FROM. -d, --description <file|string> Header annotation, e.g. key=INFO,ID=HM2,Number=0,Type=Flag,Description='HapMap2 membership'. The descriptions can be read from a file, one annotation per line. -f, --filter <list> Apply filters, list is in the format flt1=value/flt2/flt3=value/etc. -h, -?, --help This help message. Filters: + Apply all filters with default values (can be overridden, see the example below). -X Exclude the filter X 1, StrandBias FLOAT Min P-value for strand bias (given PV4) [0.0001] 2, BaseQualBias FLOAT Min P-value for baseQ bias [1e-100] 3, MapQualBias FLOAT Min P-value for mapQ bias [0] 4, EndDistBias FLOAT Min P-value for end distance bias [0.0001] a, MinAB INT Minimum number of alternate bases [2] c, SnpCluster INT1,INT2 Filters clusters of 'INT1' or more SNPs within a run of 'INT2' bases [] D, MaxDP INT Maximum read depth [10000000] d, MinDP INT Minimum read depth [2] q, MinMQ INT Minimum RMS mapping quality for SNPs [10] Q, Qual INT Minimum value of the QUAL field [10] r, RefN Reference base is N [] W, GapWin INT Window size for filtering adjacent gaps [10] w, SnpGap INT SNP within INT bp around a gap to be filtered [10] Example: zcat in.vcf.gz | vcf-annotate -a annotations.gz -d descriptions.txt | bgzip -c >out.vcf.gz zcat in.vcf.gz | vcf-annotate -f +/-a/c=3,10/q=3/d=5/-D -a annotations.gz -d descriptions.txt | bgzip -c >out.vcf.gz Where descriptions.txt contains: key=INFO,ID=GN,Number=1,Type=String,Description='Gene Name' key=INFO,ID=STR,Number=1,Type=Integer,Description='Strand' vcf-annotate 0.1.5 July 2011 VCF-ANNOTATE(1)