Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX trick or command
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX trick or command Post 302991347 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 9th of February 2017 11:36:24 AM
Old 02-09-2017
Hello Indra2011,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps you.
Code:
awk '{print "A_" $0 ORS "B_" $0}'  Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stupid find trick

At work, we use a software development product (from a company that will remain nameless, but whose name may be considered a synonym for "logical"). The development trees are organized beneath a top directory, let's call it "$rat". The first level under $rat contains the major system names, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: criglerj
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for tips ant trick extend vi

Hello im looking for sites or tutorials how to extend vi (not vim) for programming and scripting beyond simple editing . Thanks allot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trick to ignore space in folder name

Hello All, I am getting error while passing a folder name that has space to the cmd line argument. sh log_delete2.sh "/home/kumarpua/TESTARTIFACTS/atf-chix/ATF-subversion-dev/ssenglogs/A RM" log_delete2.sh: line 17: cd: /home/kumarpua/TESTARTIFACTS/atf-chix/ATF-subversion-dev/ssenglogs/A:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulkit
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any trick to speed up script?

Hi Guys, I have a script that I am using to convert some text files to xls files. I create multiple temp. files in the process of conversion. Other than reducing the temp. files, are there any general tricks to help speed up the script? I am running it in the bash shell. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A trick to avoid ESC in vim

Hello, I find a trick to avoid pressing ESC without key-maping in vim. I am pleasure using this method, because ALT key is very comfortble for thumb to press. What's the trick? the ALT key. When you are in INSERT mod, press ALT+l switch to COMMAND mod without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alternative to the grep trick

Hi, We used to use the below commands often. ps -ef|grep bc ps -ef|grep abc|grep -v grep Both fairly returns the same result. For example, the process name is dynamic and we are having the process name in a variable, how we can apply the above trick. For example "a" is the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
11 Replies

7. Programming

Oracle TRICk Question

HI Guys , Below are the two columns ITEMS and STATE of table . ITEMS STATE '2345','ggdh','k5tg','dgyt','hFF' DF '1234','ghyt','DDD','GHTD','ABF' PQ Can we get output in PL/SQL in below way ?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vi search starting from line n --- any trick for this ???

Hi all, It does not seem to be possible to use vi to search from text from line n forward or backward or is there a not well known vi trick to do that? What I am trying to do is for example I am on line 100 and I want to search from line 100 backward or forward for a specific text. Using /... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
scroll(3NCURSES)														  scroll(3NCURSES)

NAME
scroll, scrl, wscrl - scroll a curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); DESCRIPTION
The scroll routine scrolls the window up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimization, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen may be scrolled at the same time. For positive n, the scrl and wscrl routines scroll the window up n lines (line i+n becomes i); otherwise scroll the window down n lines. This involves moving the lines in the window character image structure. The current cursor position is not changed. For these functions to work, scrolling must be enabled via scrollok. RETURN VALUE
These routines return ERR upon failure, and OK (SVr4 only specifies "an integer value other than ERR") upon successful completion. X/Open defines no error conditions. This implementation returns an error if the window pointer is null, or if scrolling is not enabled in the window, e.g., with scrollok. NOTES
Note that scrl and scroll may be macros. The SVr4 documentation says that the optimization of physically scrolling immediately if the scroll region is the entire screen "is" per- formed, not "may be" performed. This implementation deliberately does not guarantee that this will occur, to leave open the possibility of smarter optimization of multiple scroll actions on the next update. Neither the SVr4 nor the XSI documentation specify whether the current attribute or current color-pair of blanks generated by the scroll function is zeroed. Under this implementation it is. PORTABILITY
The XSI Curses standard, Issue 4 describes these functions. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), outopts(3NCURSES) scroll(3NCURSES)