Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Best OS for surveying / CAD applications Post 302991328 by geometric on Thursday 9th of February 2017 07:39:11 AM
Old 02-09-2017

Surveying calculations don't require a lot of memory. In the old days nobody had computers except engineers, surveyors & bankers & computers were designed to compute. Microsoft is getting more worthless everyday. It no longer caters to the scientific community. It has become an electronic gossip fence & marketing propaganda machine. I'm sick of microsoft & don't want any of their micky mouse products. Windows is a very poor platform for scientific applications. It is for Suzie Q housewife to bs with her friends & find junk to buy to waste her husbands money.

Last edited by rbatte1; 02-09-2017 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: Converted SHOUTY UPPER CASE to mixed case.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X applications

I am an Oracle DBA who has previously worked only on NT machines. I need to install Oracle on an AIX box. This Unix server has only a CRT monitor. The Oracle installation REQUIRES a graphical means of seeing the Unix machine. I've been told that I should telnet from a PC that can display X... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrax
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Usernames across Applications

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if there was a way to make it so that usernames could be used across applications. For instance, I have a server that has a bunch of users. I want these users to have ways of accessing my database as well as a variety of other programs, but I don't want them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzofish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to search for a file which has a "cad" content in it?

Hi Guys, I need to search for a file which has the "cad" content in it. I forgot the file name. could you people give me the command to figure it out? Thanks Magesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI Applications

Hi Experts, Can anyone suggest me kindly, whether designing some small GUI applications are possible in shell scripting..... Like a small calculator kind of stuff....... I fit is possible guide me with some examples. Thanks, Newbie....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
0 Replies

5. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Running Turbo-cad and circuit wizard programmes.

Hi. i am new to Linux. i have a Turbo-cad and circuit wizard programme on CD that I want to install and run. I keep getting the message I do not have an auto-run programme. Do I need to install specific drivers for this? What programme do I need? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alfred Kruger
1 Replies
CALCOO(1)							Calcoo Manual Page							 CALCOO(1)

NAME
Calcoo - scientific calculator (GTK+). SYNOPSIS
calcoo [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
Calcoo is a scientific calculator designed to provide maximum usability. The features that make Calcoo attractive are: * bitmapped button labels and display digits to improve readability * no double-function buttons - you need to click only one button for any operation (except for arc-hyp trigonometric functions) * undo/redo buttons * both RPN and algebraic modes * display marks to separate thousands * copy/paste interaction with the X clipboard * two memory registers with displays * displays for Y, Z, and T registers OPERATION
Like in a regular calculator. Settings (switching between RPN and algebraic modes, rounding, RPN stack behavior) can be accessed by press- ing the button labelled "!". The button labelled "?" brings up the help/info window. OPTIONS
Calcoo accepts the following command-line options: -h, --help Show summary of options and exit. -v, --version Print version number and exit. OTHER INFO
The webpage for Calcoo is at http://calcoo.sourceforge.net/ There you can find more information about Calcoo and download the latest version. AUTHOR
Alexei Kaminski (alexei.kaminski@gmail.com) BUGS
None I am aware of. If you find any, please report them. Version 1.3.18 18 Aug 2007 CALCOO(1)