Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to get checksum of itself Post 302991314 by zaxxon on Thursday 9th of February 2017 03:42:42 AM
Old 02-09-2017
If you want to prevent that someone changes this script, that person can also just comment those lines.
Maybe an IDS (Intrusion Detection System) like Tripewire etc. is the better choice to watch files.
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

First time help, please - checksum script...

Hello all! I'm a recent college grad now working for a contractor. I've been tasked with writing a program/script that will verify that something was copied correctly. This is how the system is used - The user will get a distribution tape (a 4mm tape DDS3). On this tape are a bunch of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapolani
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checksum question

in HPUX: I am copying oracle datafiles from one mountpoint to another the total size is about 250Gb. I wanted to perform a checksum on the target and make sure the files came overy properly. Mountpoints: /s01 to /u01 /s02 to /u02 I tried using "SUM" on these mountpoints but its taking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

3. SCO

checksum

Does anyone know the answer to this? When I run "sum -r" on a file that I've down loaded from the sco website, the 1st set of numbers differs from the checksum on the download page but the 2nd set matches. If I try to install the patch, I get errors. Anyone has an answer? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jn5519
3 Replies

4. Solaris

checksum

Anyone can tell me the different between "cksum" and "sum" command on Solaris? I read the man pages but still not get it. And how to display the md5 checksum for a file. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redstone
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the checksum

I wanted a script that can give the checksum of a particular zipped file. Can somebody help me in writing a shell script in getting the checksum of a particular tar file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP and Checksum

Hi Guys, Sometimes, I have a problem with transferred files in ftp session. Thats why I want to produce checksum value in my local server and remote server. But I could not find anyway to produce checksum value of transferred files in remote server. Do you have any idea? Thanks, Emre (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce_emre21
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Wireshark UDP checksum bad checksum

Hello I am communicating with two devices using my computer over UDP protocol. The application is running fine. When I monitored the UDP traffic using Wireshark software, I found that there were too many Checksum errors. Please find attached the png file showing this error. I am about to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AustinCann
0 Replies

8. Solaris

MD5 checksum

Hi Guys, I have about MD5 checksum so many times but I can't figure out how to use it. Can someone please show me how to perform an MD5 checksum? Thanks a lot guys. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed script to FTP a File and generate a quality checksum file

hi all i want a script to FTP a file and should generate a quality checksum file means when I FTP a file from one server to another server it should generate a QC file which should contain timestamp,no.of records in that file Thanks in advance saikumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need UNIX script to check checksum and dummy file creation.

Hi Folks, I need a UNIX script which will copy files(Table wise) from source directory to destination directory (Under table directory) and also creates 2 additional files after getting copied to destination directory with extension .pdy and .ldy , . pdy file will be zero byte file should get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicks1412
4 Replies
PADS(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   PADS(8)

NAME
pads - Passive Asset Detection System SYNOPSIS
pads <DhUvV> <-c file > <-d file > <-g group > <-i interface > <-n network(s) > <-p file > <-r file > <-u file > <-w file > <expression> DESCRIPTION
PADS is a libpcap based detection engine used to passively detect network assets. It is designed to complement IDS technology by providing context to IDS alerts. Goals: - Passive: Records and identifies traffic seen on a network without actively "scanning" a system. There will never be a packet sent from the pads application. - Portable: Has the ability to be placed easily on a remote system. Does not require additional external libraries other than those associated with libpcap. - Lightweight: Logging is sent to a simple CSV file. There is no need for a database or other data repository installed on the local machine. All correlation is done outside of the pads program. OPTIONS
-h Display help / usage information. -D Run PADS in the background (daemon mode). -d file Dump banner data into a libpcap formatted file. This feature will dump the matched packet or the first 4 packets of an unmatched connection into a specified file. This can be used to further identify a service and also aid with signature development. Please keep in mind that this feature must be compiled into the application in order to use it. This can be done by adding '--enable-banner-grab' to the 'configure' step. -g group This switch allows you to specify a group that PADS will drop to after the libpcap interface has been initialized. -h Display help -i interface Specify an interface to be used. -n network list Specify a set of networks to be monitored. Only assets that exist within these networks will be recorded. The networks should be specified in the following format: 10.10.10.0/24,192.168.0.0/16 . -p pid file This switch allows you to specify a PID file to be used in conjunction with daemon (-D) mode. -r file Read packets from a libpcap formatted file. -u user This switch allows you to specify a user that PADS will drop to after the libpcap interface has been initialized. -w file Dump data into a file other than assets.csv. expression selects which packets will be processed. Please see tcpdump(1) for details on the libpcap primitives. SEE ALSO
pads.conf(8), pads-report(8), pads-archiver(8), tcpdump(8), pcre(3) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Matt Shelton <matt@mattshelton.com> BUGS
Please send bug reports to the author. AUTHORS
Matt Shelton <matt@mattshelton.com> 2005/06/17 PADS(8)