Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to change the file content using some conditions Post 302991285 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 8th of February 2017 01:49:05 PM
Old 02-08-2017
Another approach:
Code:
awk '{A[$1]=$0} $1==40{print A[20] " AND " $2 RS A[30]} $1!~/^[234]0$/' file

---
or
Code:
awk '{A[i=$1]=$0; $1=x} i==40{print A[20] " AND" $0 RS A[30]} i!~/^[234]0$/' file

---
sed approach:
Code:
sed '/^ *20 /{N; N; s/\(.*\)\(\n.*\)\n *40\(.*\)/\1 AND\3\2/;}' file

Whether this works, will depend on how much the sample differs from real life data...

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-08-2017 at 03:10 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help to change the content for remote located file

Hi All, I have one file that sits on 4 diffrent servers, those servers are diffrent region based and they are authentication protected and that file has a diff port numbers, so when run the script it must ask my login details,region of server and port no for that file once it took from me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmarjuna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change the content for remote located file

Hi All, I have a file that sits on 4 diffrent servers, those servers are diffrent region based and they are authentication protected and that file has a diff port numbers, so when run the script it must ask my login details,region of server and port no for that file once it took from me it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmarjuna
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a file's content by row?

Greetings. So the question is basically the same as it's in the title. I'd like to write a program that changes a file by rows. So to clarify it. (i know i shouldn't use code,/code here but i would like to separate it) So for example a text file looks like something like this: Happy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhist
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file content based on data

I have a Transaction File coming into the system. In this file, in all records the relevant data is as follows- Position 1:10 -> Transaction Code Position 252:255 -> 4 digit business code Now based on these 2 fields I have to alter value in Transaction code (Position 1:10)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan and change file data content problem

Input file >Read_1 XXXXXXXXXXSDFXXXXXDS (condition 1: After the last "X" per line, if the distance is less than or equal to 3 letter, replace those not "X" letter with "X") TREXXXXXXXSDFXXXXXDS (condition 2: Before the first "X" per line, if the distance is less than or equal to 3 letter,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

6. Linux

when SCP, does file content change?

Good day to you all, Just want to check here, i know when scping a file, size might change due to space issue. it might sound silly, but does file content get change too? if so, what kind of situation that might be? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahtat99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file content 4 column to one Column using script

Hi Gurus, I have file content sample: ,5113955056,,TAgent-Suspend ,5119418233,,TAgent-Suspend ,5102119078,,TAgent-Suspend filenames 120229H5_suspend, 120229H6_unsuspend I receive those files one of directory /home/temp/ I need following: 1. Backup first /home/temp/ file to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change a file content format using awk

Hi, i have a file input.txt Continent North America Country USA Capital Washington D.C. Country Canada Capital Ottawa Continent South America Country Argentina Capital Buenos Aires Country Brazil Capital Brasília Coutry Colombia Capital Bogotá and i want to get an output.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastlane3000
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file name and copy old file content to new file names.

Hi, I have a files in a directory as below :- ls -1 mqdepth-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC01 proc-mq-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC03 Whereever i have S1STC i need to copy them into new file with file name S2STC. expected output :- ls -1 mqdepth-S2STC02 proc-mq-S2STC01 proc-mq-S2STC02... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - delete content inside square brackets under conditions

I have the file sed1.txt and I need to strip the brackets (]) and content inside them only when I have two or three letters followed by a colon. for example,it may be any letter, not just abc ] ] #-- cat sed1.txt 1 ] FISICA 2 ]PORTUGUES 3 ] ]MATEMATICA 4 ]]INGLES ] 5 ]QUIMICA 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dperboni
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)