Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to change the file content using some conditions Post 302991282 by Mannu2525 on Wednesday 8th of February 2017 01:04:33 PM
Old 02-08-2017
The structure of the file is same and each section is separated by space - Yes much longer than the example here but separated by space.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help to change the content for remote located file

Hi All, I have one file that sits on 4 diffrent servers, those servers are diffrent region based and they are authentication protected and that file has a diff port numbers, so when run the script it must ask my login details,region of server and port no for that file once it took from me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmarjuna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change the content for remote located file

Hi All, I have a file that sits on 4 diffrent servers, those servers are diffrent region based and they are authentication protected and that file has a diff port numbers, so when run the script it must ask my login details,region of server and port no for that file once it took from me it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmarjuna
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a file's content by row?

Greetings. So the question is basically the same as it's in the title. I'd like to write a program that changes a file by rows. So to clarify it. (i know i shouldn't use code,/code here but i would like to separate it) So for example a text file looks like something like this: Happy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhist
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file content based on data

I have a Transaction File coming into the system. In this file, in all records the relevant data is as follows- Position 1:10 -> Transaction Code Position 252:255 -> 4 digit business code Now based on these 2 fields I have to alter value in Transaction code (Position 1:10)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan and change file data content problem

Input file >Read_1 XXXXXXXXXXSDFXXXXXDS (condition 1: After the last "X" per line, if the distance is less than or equal to 3 letter, replace those not "X" letter with "X") TREXXXXXXXSDFXXXXXDS (condition 2: Before the first "X" per line, if the distance is less than or equal to 3 letter,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

6. Linux

when SCP, does file content change?

Good day to you all, Just want to check here, i know when scping a file, size might change due to space issue. it might sound silly, but does file content get change too? if so, what kind of situation that might be? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahtat99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file content 4 column to one Column using script

Hi Gurus, I have file content sample: ,5113955056,,TAgent-Suspend ,5119418233,,TAgent-Suspend ,5102119078,,TAgent-Suspend filenames 120229H5_suspend, 120229H6_unsuspend I receive those files one of directory /home/temp/ I need following: 1. Backup first /home/temp/ file to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change a file content format using awk

Hi, i have a file input.txt Continent North America Country USA Capital Washington D.C. Country Canada Capital Ottawa Continent South America Country Argentina Capital Buenos Aires Country Brazil Capital Brasília Coutry Colombia Capital Bogotá and i want to get an output.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastlane3000
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file name and copy old file content to new file names.

Hi, I have a files in a directory as below :- ls -1 mqdepth-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC01 proc-mq-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC03 Whereever i have S1STC i need to copy them into new file with file name S2STC. expected output :- ls -1 mqdepth-S2STC02 proc-mq-S2STC01 proc-mq-S2STC02... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - delete content inside square brackets under conditions

I have the file sed1.txt and I need to strip the brackets (]) and content inside them only when I have two or three letters followed by a colon. for example,it may be any letter, not just abc ] ] #-- cat sed1.txt 1 ] FISICA 2 ]PORTUGUES 3 ] ]MATEMATICA 4 ]]INGLES ] 5 ]QUIMICA 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dperboni
2 Replies
DRACUT.CONF(5)							      dracut							    DRACUT.CONF(5)

NAME
dracut.conf - configuration file(s) for dracut SYNOPSIS
/etc/dracut.conf /etc/dracut.conf.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
dracut.conf is loaded during the initialisation phase of dracut. Command line parameter will overwrite any values set here. dracut.conf.d/*.conf files are read in alphanumerical order and will overwrite parameters set in /etc/dracut.conf. Each line specifies an attribute and a value. A # indicates the beginning of a comment; following characters, up to the end of the line are not interpreted. dracutmodules+=" <dracut modules> " Specify a space-separated list of dracut modules to call when building the initramfs. Modules are located in /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d. omit_dracutmodules+=" <dracut modules> " Omit a space-separated list of dracut modules. add_dracutmodules+=" <dracut modules> " Add a space-separated list of dracut modules. drivers+=" <kernel modules> " Specify a space-separated list of kernel modules to exclusively include in the initramfs. The kernel modules have to be specified without the ".ko" suffix. add_drivers+=" <kernel modules> " Specify a space-separated list of kernel modules to add to the initramfs. The kernel modules have to be specified without the ".ko" suffix. omit_drivers+=" <kernel modules> " Specify a space-separated list of kernel modules not to add to the initramfs. The kernel modules have to be specified without the ".ko" suffix. install_items+=" <kernel modules> " Specify a space-separated list of files, which are added to the initramfs image. filesystems+=" <filesystem names> " Specify a space-separated list of kernel filesystem modules to exclusively include in the generic initramfs. drivers_dir="<kernel modules directory>" Specify the directory, where to look for kernel modules fw_dir+=" :<dir>[:<dir> ...] " Specify additional directories, where to look for firmwares, separated by : install_items+=" <file>[ <file> ...] " Specify additional files to include in the initramfs, separated by spaces. do_strip="{yes|no}" Strip binaries in the initramfs (default=yes) hostonly="{yes|no}" Host-Only mode: Install only what is needed for booting the local host instead of a generic host and generate host-specific configuration. tmpdir="<temporary directory>" Specify temporary directory to use. Warning If chrooted to another root other than the real root device, use --fstab and provide a valid /etc/fstab. use_fstab="{yes|no}" Use /etc/fstab instead of /proc/self/mountinfo. add_fstab+=" <filename> " Add entries of <filename> to the initramfs /etc/fstab. mdadmconf="{yes|no}" Include local /etc/mdadm.conf (default=yes) lvmconf="{yes|no}" Include local /etc/lvm/lvm.conf (default=yes) fscks=" <fsck tools> " Add a space-separated list of fsck tools. If nothing is specified, the default is: "umount mount /sbin/fsck* xfs_db xfs_check xfs_repair e2fsck jfs_fsck reiserfsck btrfsck". The installation is opportunistic (non-existing tools are ignored). nofscks="{yes|no}" If specified, inhibit installation of any fsck tools. kernel_only="{yes|no}" Only install kernel drivers and firmware files. (default=no) no_kernel="{yes|no}" Do not install kernel drivers and firmware files (default=no) stdloglvl="{0-6}" Set logging to standard error level. sysloglvl="{0-6}" Set logging to syslog level. fileloglvl="{0-6}" Set logging to file level. logfile="<file>" Path to log file. show_modules="{yes|no}" Print included module's name to standard output during build. FILES
/etc/dracut.conf Old configuration file. You better use your own file in /etc/dracut/conf.d/. /etc/dracut/conf.d/ Any /etc/dracut/conf.d/*.conf file can overwrite the values in /etc/dracut.conf. The configuration files are read in alphanumerical order. AUTHOR
Harald Hoyer SEE ALSO
dracut(8) dracut.cmdline(7) dracut 11/08/2012 DRACUT.CONF(5)