Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Finding version of firefox in directory Post 302991250 by cybersecEG on Wednesday 8th of February 2017 10:02:08 AM
Old 02-08-2017
Finding version of firefox in directory

I have a unique situation, I have a RHEL OS but also a file path that has a OS image (it is not the image running on the machine) if I run fire fox -version it will give me the version of the actively installed FF however I need to know if the version of FF sitting in the non active path is the same version of the one installed. Any ideas?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command for finding out Firefox version

Hi I need a shell command for finding out Firefox browser verion on linux machine. Waiting for your reply. Thanks and Regards, Kammy. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjannu
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Shell script for getting Firefox Browser Version

Hi, How to write a script for finding out firefox version in our linux machine? Could you please share the same? I am using Red Hat Linux machine. Thanks, Kammy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjannu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding file version info

Hi, Is there a standard command for retrieving the version of any given file (assuming the file has a version)? Thanks in advance Dave :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davewg
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Finding USB version on command line

Would anyone happen to know what to grep for finding the version of the USB ports are on the system through the command line? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eightysix
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Finding which firefox thread is misbehaving

Hello, I am trying to find out how to determine which firefox thread is connected to what site. Using: top -H shows the threads but not what they are connected to. The purpose of this is that some sites run nasty cpu eating programs and trying to figure out which ones. Thanks, mgb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgb
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with finding the right version

Hi, This is real nube like. I want to gt back to some C programming in Unix using an old Armada E500 using Unix V release 4. I've been away from programming and working with Unix for many years, but would like to get into it again. I have a couple of good reference books. If someone could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: StashO
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Finding the NIC driver version on Solaris 11

In Solaris 10 it was easy, a simple grep through modinfo output and you'd have the version of any loaded module, including your NIC drivers. In my career I've seen many people relying on this information in their scripts. Now I'm on Solaris 11, and where have the version numbers gone? The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cambridge
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Firefox version

Hello, I'm trying to find the version of Firefox that is on my server. Normally I do this. > firefox -version Mozilla Firefox 10.0.7 The issue is that this version of Firefox, is Firefox ESR 10.0.7. I need to be able to see, from the command line, the version of Firefox and if it is a ESR... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies
atos(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   atos(1)

NAME
atos -- convert numeric addresses to symbols of binary images or processes SYNOPSIS
atos [-o <binary-image-file>] [-p <pid> | <partial-executable-name>] [-arch architecture] [-l <load-address>] [-s <slide>] [-printHeader] [-f <address-input-file>] [<address> ...] DESCRIPTION
The atos command converts numeric addresses to their symbolic equivalents. If full debug symbol information is available, for example in a .app.dSYM sitting beside a .app, then the output of atos will include file name and source line number information. The input addresses may be given in one of three ways: 1. A list of addresses at the end of the argument list. 2. Using the -f <address-input-file> argument to specify the path of an input file containing whitespace-separated numeric addresses. 3. If no addresses were directly specified, atos enters an interactive mode, reading addresses from stdin. The symbols are found in either a binary image file or in a currently executing process, as specified by: -o <binary-image-file> The path to a binary image file in which to look up symbols. -p <pid> | <partial-executable-name> The process ID or the partial name of a currently executing process in which to look up symbols. Multiple process IDs or paths can be specified if necessary, and the two can be mixed in any order. When working with a Mach-O binary image file, atos considers only addresses and symbols defined in that binary image file, at their default locations (unless the -l or -s option is given). When working with a running process, atos considers addresses and symbols defined in all binary images currently loaded by that process, at their loaded locations. The following additional options are available. -arch architecture The particular architecure of a binary image file in which to look up symbols. -l <load-address> The load address of the binary image. This value is always assumed to be in hex, even without a "0x" prefix. The input addresses are assumed to be in a binary image with that load address. Load addresses for binary images can be found in the Binary Images: sec- tion at the bottom of crash, sample, leaks, and malloc_history reports. -s <slide> The slide value of the binary image -- this is the difference between the load address of a binary image, and the address at which the binary image was built. This slide value is subtracted from the input addresses. It is usually easier to directly specify the load address with the -l argument than to manually calculate a slide value. -printHeader If a process was specified, the first line of atos output should be a header of the form "Looking up symbols in process <pid> named: <process-name>". This is primarily used when atos is invoked as part of a stackshot(1) run, for verification of the process ID and name. EXAMPLE
A stripped, optimized version of Sketch was built as an x86_64 position-independent executable (PIE) into /BuildProducts/Release. Full debug symbol information is available in Sketch.app.dSYM, which sits alongside Sketch.app. When Sketch.app was run, the Sketch binary (which was built at 0x100000000) was loaded at 0x10acde000. Running 'sample Sketch' showed 3 addresses that we want to get symbol information for -- 0x10acea1d3, 0x10ace4bea, and 0x10ace4b7a. First notice that the .dSYM is next to the .app: % ls -1 /BuildProducts/Release/ Sketch.app Sketch.app.dSYM Now, to symbolicate, we run atos with the -o flag specifying the path to the actual Sketch executable (not the .app wrapper), the -arch x86_64 flag, and the -l 0x10acde000 flag to specify the load address. % atos -o /BuildProducts/Release/Sketch.app/Contents/MacOS/Sketch -arch x86_64 -l 0x10acde000 0x10acea1d3 0x10ace4bea 0x10ace4b7a -[SKTGraphicView drawRect:] (in Sketch) (SKTGraphicView.m:445) -[SKTGraphic drawHandlesInView:] (in Sketch) (NSGeometry.h:110) -[SKTGraphic drawHandleInView:atPoint:] (in Sketch) (SKTGraphic.m:490) GETTING SYMBOLS FOR A DIFFERENT MACHINE ARCHITECTURE
It is possible to get symbols for addresses from a different machine architecture than the system on which atos is running. For example, when running atos on an Intel-based system, one may wish to get the symbol for an address that came from a backtrace of a process running on a PowerPC machine. To do so, use the -arch flag to specify the desired architecture (such as i386 or ppc) and pass in a corresponding sym- bol-rich Mach-O binary image file with a binary image of the corresponding architecture (such as a Universal Binary). BSD
January 15, 2010 BSD