Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capture the last record number using "awk" NR variable Post 302991238 by chatwithsaurav on Wednesday 8th of February 2017 07:55:30 AM
Old 02-08-2017
Capture the last record number using "awk" NR variable

Hi Team. I am trying to capture the last record number from a file using the below command ( assuming abc.txt has 21 records and I want 21 as output )
Code:
awk'{c=NR;print c}'abc.txt

But it is printing all the record number. Can someone please help modify the above command?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count number of occurrences of a "|" from a variable?

I have a variable, var="some1|some2|some3" I want to know how many "|" are in $var. When I say echo $var | grep -c '|' I am getting only 1 :confused: :confused: :confused: ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do "if [ $variable -eq "a number" ] ?

In particular I'm trying to check if a line contains an IP address and then do something with it. The file contains some lines that have no numbers, some blank lines, and some lines with only IP addresses. #!/bin/bash touch file2.txt cat file1.txt | \ while read line do if *.*.*.* ];... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - How to escape variable number of "/" (slash) ?

Hi, Can you tell me how to escape a variable number of slash characters in sed "/" ? In the script the code looks like this: cat $file_to_update | sed s/^$param/$param=$tab2*\#\*/1 And the $tab2 value is a path so it will have a number of "/" charracters. # cat db.cfg | sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormark
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for saving vertical datas to horizontal with "awk" or "cut"

hi, i have a file having datas like that ./a.txt 12344 12345 12346 12347 ..... ..... ... i want to save this datas to another file like that ./b.txt 12344 12345 12346 12347 ... ... ... i think awk can make this but how? :) waiting for ur help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable interpolation in "print" of awk command

Hi, I have a snippet like below. Based on variable i, i wish to print 1,2,3,4,5th columns to Sample files. For each loop, one column from contetn and results will be pused to sample files. But i have a problem here i=1 while ; do `awk -F"\t" '{print $($i)}' $content > Sample_${i}_original`;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk variable into shell command "date -d": possible...?

Hello, there! I am trying to pass an awk variable into a shell command in order to collect the result into an awk variable; in Bash it does work, as in: v='2'; date -d "now + $v weeks" But in awk it does not, as in: v="2" "date -d 'now + v weeks'" | getline newdate close ("date -d 'now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fbird3
3 Replies
CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options					  CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH - enable directory wildcard transfers SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH, long onoff); DESCRIPTION
Set onoff to 1 if you want to transfer multiple files according to a file name pattern. The pattern can be specified as part of the CUR- LOPT_URL(3) option, using an fnmatch-like pattern (Shell Pattern Matching) in the last part of URL (file name). By default, libcurl uses its internal wildcard matching implementation. You can provide your own matching function by the CUR- LOPT_FNMATCH_FUNCTION(3) option. A brief introduction of its syntax follows: * - ASTERISK ftp://example.com/some/path/*.txt (for all txt's from the root directory) ? - QUESTION MARK Question mark matches any (exactly one) character. ftp://example.com/some/path/photo?.jpeg [ - BRACKET EXPRESSION The left bracket opens a bracket expression. The question mark and asterisk have no special meaning in a bracket expression. Each bracket expression ends by the right bracket and matches exactly one character. Some examples follow: [a-zA-Z0-9] or [f-gF-G] - character interval [abc] - character enumeration [^abc] or [!abc] - negation [[:name:]] class expression. Supported classes are alnum,lower, space, alpha, digit, print, upper, blank, graph, xdigit. [][-!^] - special case - matches only '-', ']', '[', '!' or '^'. These characters have no special purpose. [[]\] - escape syntax. Matches '[', ']' or ''. Using the rules above, a file name pattern can be constructed: ftp://example.com/some/path/[a-z[:upper:]\].jpeg PROTOCOLS
This feature is only supported for FTP download. EXAMPLE
See https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/ftp-wildcard.html AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.21.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_FNMATCH_FUNCTION(3), CURLOPT_URL(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3)