Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX Syslog where the hostname sit Post 302991216 by zaxxon on Wednesday 8th of February 2017 02:00:18 AM
Old 02-08-2017
That's good but would you tell where you changed what before the reboot?

Last edited by zaxxon; 02-08-2017 at 03:59 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changed the hostname/IP and broke it (AIX)

A buddy of mine bought an older RS/6000 CAD workstation runing AIX to learn on, and had me put it on his LAN at home. I used smit to change the hostname/IP. After a reboot I try to login, and get a message saying that DTMessage cannot start, and gives a changed hostname as one of the possible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5.2 Syslog : Help needed

Hi all, I am trying to get the authentication logs of FTP,Telnet,SSH,inetd from the syslog file. But my output for every type of authentications - success & failure keep differing everytime i view them. The output does not show the priority code (emerg, or 0, in any case). How do I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamadana
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

HP UX - ILO Console hostname different than Machine Hostname...

Hi All, So we added a new HP-UX 11.31 machine. Copied OS via Ignite-UX (DVD)over from this machine called machine_a. It was supposed to be named machine_c. And it is when you log in...however when I'm in the ILO console before logging in, it says: It should say: What gives? And how do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - Sendmail - add hostname to subject of outgoing mail

Hello, I'm configuring sendmail on an AIX 7.1 server (bos.net.tcp.client 7.1.1.15). I've gotten sendmail to send mail through our Novell GroupWise server, so that mail from a user on the server appears to come from their GroupWise account, and replies to the email would go to their GroupWise... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyebeam
0 Replies

6. AIX

AIX How to exchange hostname and IP address between two AIX servers?

Hi all, I am trying to exchange hostname and IP address of two AIX machines. But i am confused as how to change it ? do i need to use "smitty mktcpip" or "smitty tcpip" ? what is the difference between smitty mktcpip and smitty tcpip ? Also anymore steps to follow or just updating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hostname -f hostname: Unknown host

deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

8. AIX

UNIX - AIX - Syslog messages

Dear Community, I have just registered to the forum, and I am very glad I have joined. I have a question about the syslog logging facility. I am doing a security assessment for some servers that run on AIX. The admins have set up a syslog server and the following parameters are enabled in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bersecul
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command to get URL under string "SIT"

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to get all https URL's under config file SIT. example : config environment="SIT" <URL>https://yahoo.com</URL> There are 100 files.xml and I need to search every .xml file and get URL's. I tried with below command , but I'm getting URL's from... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockingvj
9 Replies

10. AIX

Cannot send syslog event from AIX 6.1 to RHEL Syslog server

Hi everyone, I am trying to configure AIX 6.1 using syslogd to send syslog event to syslog server configured on RHEL. However, RHEL never receives the events. I have tried to redirect the syslog event on AIX to a local file and successful. Only forwarding to remote server fails. Firewall... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
10 Replies
TCPDMATCH(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      TCPDMATCH(8)

NAME
tcpdmatch - tcp wrapper oracle SYNOPSIS
tcpdmatch [-d] [-i inet_conf] daemon client tcpdmatch [-d] [-i inet_conf] daemon[@server] [user@]client DESCRIPTION
tcpdmatch predicts how the tcp wrapper would handle a specific request for service. Examples are given below. The program examines the tcpd access control tables (default /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny) and prints its conclusion. For maximal accuracy, it extracts additional information from your inetd or tlid network configuration file. When tcpdmatch finds a match in the access control tables, it identifies the matched rule. In addition, it displays the optional shell com- mands or options in a pretty-printed format; this makes it easier for you to spot any discrepancies between what you want and what the pro- gram understands. ARGUMENTS
The following two arguments are always required: daemon A daemon process name. Typically, the last component of a daemon executable pathname. client A host name or network address, or one of the `unknown' or `paranoid' wildcard patterns. When a client host name is specified, tcpdmatch gives a prediction for each address listed for that client. When a client address is specified, tcpdmatch predicts what tcpd would do when client name lookup fails. Optional information specified with the daemon@server form: server A host name or network address, or one of the `unknown' or `paranoid' wildcard patterns. The default server name is `unknown'. Optional information specified with the user@client form: user A client user identifier. Typically, a login name or a numeric userid. The default user name is `unknown'. OPTIONS
-d Examine hosts.allow and hosts.deny files in the current directory instead of the default ones. -i inet_conf Specify this option when tcpdmatch is unable to find your inetd.conf or tlid.conf network configuration file, or when you suspect that the program uses the wrong one. EXAMPLES
To predict how tcpd would handle a telnet request from the local system: tcpdmatch in.telnetd localhost The same request, pretending that hostname lookup failed: tcpdmatch in.telnetd 127.0.0.1 To predict what tcpd would do when the client name does not match the client address: tcpdmatch in.telnetd paranoid On some systems, daemon names have no `in.' prefix, or tcpdmatch may need some help to locate the inetd configuration file. FILES
The default locations of the tcpd access control tables are: /etc/hosts.allow /etc/hosts.deny SEE ALSO
tcpdchk(8), tcpd configuration checker hosts_access(5), format of the tcpd access control tables. hosts_options(5), format of the language extensions. inetd.conf(5), format of the inetd control file. AUTHORS
Wietse Venema (wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl), Department of Mathematics and Computing Science, Eindhoven University of Technology Den Dolech 2, P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands BUGS
If you specify FQDN hostname as client, they will be recognized only as IPv4 or IPv6 address, which should be recognized as both. TCPDMATCH(8)