Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Command failed for target 'check-recursive' error Post 302991182 by PJ_Namias on Tuesday 7th of February 2017 12:46:57 PM
Old 02-07-2017
Command failed for target 'check-recursive' error

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I haven't done UNIX Admin in a long time and am trying to update the utilities on a Solaris server so that I can get Apache 2.4.25 installed. I am finding a lot of utilities that are just too far out of date and some versions are no longer supported. So I thought that the best thing to do is get them up-to-date. As I compile them and then run "make check" several have come up with the error "command failed for target 'check-recursive'". I tried to Google & Bing the error, but nothing comes up. Is this something I need to worry about? If so, can someone point me in a direction for more info?

Thanks in advance!
PJ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9: make: Fatal error:Command failed for target

Hi everyone first of all you should know that I've been working with solaris for a few days only. :) I need to install some programs and I have had the following troubles: 1. When I used /.configure it showed the following message: "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH" I included... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failed to check status code in "rsh" command

Hi folks, I wrote a ksh program which run scripts from remote server. To check the status code I wrote the following function: check_remote_status() { status_code=`tail -1 $installLog` if ] ; then echo $errMsg | tee -a $installLog exit 1 else echo $validMsg >> $installLog fi... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Fatal error: Command failed for target `build_crypto'

Dear brothers. i tried so many times to install openssl-0.9.8g in x86 machine. i have done ./config without any error notification. when i execute the make command i am having the same error fatal error: Command failed for target `build_crypto'. i installed c compiler the verson of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sayed_021
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check space utilization in recursive mode

Hi friends, I have the following query.. Suppose I have the parent directory as /home/suresh/Jobs and assume there are many child ub-directories created within this parent directory I would like to fire a command which will give me the space utilization within each of the child... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive md5sum check

so I have within my script a little md5sum check... find . ! -type d -print0 | xargs -0 md5sum And I want it to compare the generated values against a file so I'm trying... find . ! -type d -print0 | xargs -0 md5sum -c files.md5 I generated this file by redirecting the output of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowFish@ubuntu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make command failed for target 'obj/gp_unix.o'

hi, i am trying to run make command in solaris 9. its giving the error: make:Fatal error:Command failed for target 'obj/gp_unix.o' i came to know X11 should be inastalled for gp_unix.o.But it is already installed.still the same error. ./configure worked fine. can anybody please suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosalina
3 Replies

7. High Performance Computing

Non global zone check failed error

Hi All, When i was installing patches in the Solaris 10 machine. It does not install properly and gave the below message =========================================== Approved patches will be installed in this order: 126868-02 Preparing checklist for non-global zone check... Checking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

make Fatal error: Command failed for target 'exp_inter.o'

I am trying to install Expect 5.43 on my Solaris 10 x86 PC. When I run the make file I get - Command failed for target 'exp_inter.o'. I tried to find the file (find / -name exp_inter.o -print 2>/dev/null) but could not. Where can I get this file from? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pazzy
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command assigned to a variable is failed or not having any data - error

Hi, My command is getting stuck while running it. observed that the grep command doesn't returned any data ($? was 1) and it failed. This command is assigned into the variable and used in other command as script progresses. To continue the script output, i have to press ^C twice and script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhii
2 Replies
NWFSTIME(1)							     nwfstime							       NWFSTIME(1)

NAME
nwfstime - Display / Set a NetWare server's date and time SYNOPSIS
nwfstime [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -s ] DESCRIPTION
nwfstime displays a NetWare server's date and time. You can also set a NetWare server's date and time from the local time. OPTIONS
-h With -h nwfstime prints a little help text. -S server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. To set the server's time, you need supervisor privileges. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwfstime prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. As you need supervisor privileges for setting the date and time, this option is probably not used very often. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -s With -s, nwfstime sets the file server's date and time according to the local date and time. nwfstime 12/10/1996 NWFSTIME(1)