Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitor keypresses without focus? Post 302991178 by strategery on Tuesday 7th of February 2017 11:52:11 AM
Old 02-07-2017
Thanks, I'll see where I can get with that. Hopefully I will get to poke around and try it today.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gnome focus

Hello all, Is there a way to make sawfish window manager focus on a gui when you click it but not make it raise to the top? I know that motif and CDE (soalris) allow you to focus with out raising the windows. THANKS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send a key to a windows without focus

Hi, i found xte and xdotool for sending some keys to windowed applications but they need to have the focus on it. Can someone say me if i can do the same but wihtout focusing the window i want to type something ? edit: xreplay (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linked
0 Replies

3. Programming

Focus on already running process by giving ID or name?

Is this possible to be done with C++ ? I am working on Qt Creator by I didn't find any working setFocus function or something. Can you help me a bit? Thank you. The program actually checks if there is a process of this program already running and if there is it exits. I want to make it focus on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting a program without it stealing focus

Hi all I have a java program I'm starting in Mac os from the terminal using the command java -Djava.library.path=/Users/me/Desktop/Cfiles/DynamicCTGLayout/build/Release -jar However, when I do this, my current program I'm using becomes "deselected" and the java program's GUI becomes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhiteTiger
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display command stealing focus

Please Help a Newbie, I'm using the display command to post a picture of several configurations for a machine operator to choose from. The Issue I have is when I display the image the displayed image steals focus from my bash window. The operator then has to re-select the window to answer the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BitBoy
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Learning System Administration: What to focus on?

In the fall I am taking courses in System Admin and Networking Admin, along with Cisco classes. Sometime next year I hope to get Red Hat and CCNA certifications, then try to get some experience and a job. I am wondering what I can focus on in the meantime (and in my spare time) that will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ScottLew
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies