Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and Replace from specific folders Post 302991168 by builderj on Tuesday 7th of February 2017 10:44:22 AM
Old 02-07-2017
Find and Replace from specific folders

Hello Experts,

Any help is appreciated.

I would like to find and replace a string in a specific file ( e.g abc.xml) only for the directories starting with "AB 1.0 DIR".

I've 50 sub directories starting with "AB 1.0 DIR". And I would like find the file abc.xml in those sub-directories and change the string in that file from test to publish.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace files in multiple folders

Hi there, I would like to write a script to automate the copy and renaming of files in multiple dir. I have a generic file named s253e.prb and would like to copy this to multiple dir and rename it. Example: Dir is AL-M1 and the prb file name is AL-M1.prb. I would like to be able to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a string a specific value in specific location in AIX

Hi, I have following samp.txt file in unix. samp.txt 01Roy2D3M000000 02Rad2D3M222222 . . . . 10Mik0A2M343443 Desired Output 01Roy2A3M000000 02Rad2A3M222222 . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an awk for a global find/replace in a file, specific column

I am new to unix and awk/sed etc... using C-Shell. Basically, I have a fixed length file that has 4 different record types on it, H, D, V, W all in column 1. I need to change all the W's in column 1 to D's. in the entire file. The W's can be anywhere in the file and must remain in the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find from file and replace with specific text

Dear All, I do not have any knowledge of scripting. I want to replace specific lines of a text file with a specific text. Like I have one file which is "original file" and one file "changes file" which has list of lines which I want to replace in original file with a specific string. I want the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: libras
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing switch case for find and replace specific file. Help Me...

case "$inputs" in sapte) find /pools/home_unix/sapte/work/models/model -name "*.xml" exec rm -i {} \;; ckm1) find /pools/home_unix/ckm1/work/models/model -name "*.xml" exec rm -i {} \;; I am getting error like as below. ./menu1.sh: line 144: syntax error near unexpected token `)'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathigara
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace with 0 for characters in a specific position

Need command for position based replace: I need a command to replace with 0 for characters in the positions 11 to 20 to all the lines starts with 6 in a file. For example the file ABC.txt has: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 6abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thangabalu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to move specific files from folders in find file

I have a directory /home/cmccabe/nfs/exportedReports that contains multiple folders in it. The find writes the name of each folder to out.txt. A new directory is then created in a new location /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API, named with the date. What I am trying to do, unsuccessfully at the moment,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Linux command for find/replace column based on specific criteria.

I'm new to shell programming, I have a huge text file in the following format, where columns are separated by single space: ACA MEX 4O_ $98.00 $127.40 $166.60 0:00 0:00 0 ; ACA YUL TS_ $300.00 $390.00 $510.00 0:00 0:00 0 ; ACA YYZ TS_ $300.00 $390.00 $510.00 0:00 0:00 0 ; ADZ YUL TS_ $300.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: transat
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files in specific folders

Hi Team, I am new to the linux commands and I really need help . I would be really thankful if I can get some inputs. I have below folders in the path "/home/temp" 20170428 20170427 20170429 changes tempI need to get the files generated in the last 15 mins in all the above folders... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackJinu
4 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
cibadmin command [options] [data] DESCRIPTION
cibadmin - Provides direct access to the cluster configuration. Allows the configuration, or sections of it, to be queried, modified, replaced and deleted. Where necessary, XML data will be obtained using the -X, -x, or -p options OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output Commands: -u, --upgrade Upgrade the configuration to the latest syntax -Q, --query Query the contents of the CIB -E, --erase Erase the contents of the whole CIB -B, --bump Increase the CIB's epoch value by 1 -C, --create Create an object in the CIB. Will fail if the object already exists. -M, --modify Find the object somewhere in the CIB's XML tree and update it. Fails if the object does not exist unless -c is specified -P, --patch Supply an update in the form of an xml diff (See also: crm_diff) -R, --replace Recursivly replace an object in the CIB -D, --delete Delete the first object matching the supplied criteria, Eg. <op id="rsc1_op1" name="monitor"/> The tagname and all attributes must match in order for the element to be deleted -d, --delete-all When used with --xpath, remove all matching objects in the configuration instead of just the first one -5, --md5-sum Calculate the on-disk CIB digest -6, --md5-sum-versioned Calculate an on-the-wire versioned CIB digest -S, --sync (Advanced) Force a refresh of the CIB to all nodes -a, --empty Output an empty CIB Additional options: -f, --force -t, --timeout=value Time (in seconds) to wait before declaring the operation failed -s, --sync-call Wait for call to complete before returning -l, --local Command takes effect locally. Should only be used for queries -c, --allow-create (Advanced) Allow the target of a -M operation to be created if they do not exist -n, --no-children (Advanced) When querying an object, do not return include its children in the result Data: -X, --xml-text=value Retrieve XML from the supplied string -x, --xml-file=value Retrieve XML from the named file -p, --xml-pipe Retrieve XML from stdin -A, --xpath=value A valid XPath to use instead of -o -o, --scope=value Limit the scope of the operation to a specific section of the CIB. Valid values are: nodes, resources, constraints, crm_config, rsc_defaults, op_defaults, status -N, --node=value (Advanced) Send command to the specified host EXAMPLES
Query the configuration from the local node: # cibadmin --query --local Query the just the cluster options configuration: # cibadmin --query --scope crm_config Query all 'target-role' settings: # cibadmin --query --xpath "//nvpair[@name='target-role']" Remove all 'is-managed' settings: # cibadmin --delete-all --xpath "//nvpair[@name='is-managed']" Remove the resource named 'old': # cibadmin --delete --xml-text '<primitive id="old"/>' Remove all resources from the configuration: # cibadmin --replace --scope resources --xml-text '<resources/>' Replace the complete configuration with the contents of $HOME/pacemaker.xml: # cibadmin --replace --xml-file $HOME/pacemaker.xml Replace the constraints section of the configuration with the contents of $HOME/constraints.xml: # cibadmin --replace --scope constraints --xml-file $HOME/constraints.xml Increase the configuration version to prevent old configurations from being loaded accidentally: # cibadmin --modify --xml-text '<cib admin_epoch="admin_epoch++"/>' Edit the configuration with your favorite $EDITOR: # cibadmin --query > $HOME/local.xml # $EDITOR $HOME/local.xml # cibadmin --replace --xml-file $HOME/local.xml SEE ALSO: CRM shell, crm(8), crm_shadow(8) AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)