Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Encryption in Linux?
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Encryption in Linux? Post 302991166 by Corona688 on Tuesday 7th of February 2017 10:34:21 AM
Old 02-07-2017
Keep in mind that installing whole-disk-encryption, done right, means having to type in a password to boot (or provide some sort of key via flash drive or other means). Otherwise it just amounts to security by obscurity.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

encryption is possible??

NEED expertise help for this topic!!! Question 1: Is encryption possible for the shell scriping programing? shadow the scriping file, do think is impossible... Question2: built a simple program with the simplicity function that allow user change settings by enter corret name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trynew
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File encryption/Key encryption ????

My dilemma, I need to send, deemed confidential, information via e-mail (SMTP). This information is sitting as a file on AIX. Typically I can send this data as a e-mail attachment via what we term a "mail filter" using telnet. I now would like to somehow encrypt the data and send it to a e-mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

3. Linux

It is possible to find out when a particular encryption key was imported in linux

Hi All, In linux server some encryption keys were imported using gpg command. I want to know when those keys was imported. Is there any way to get when the encryption keys were imported? Thanks in advance.. :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: latika
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

help regarding encryption and decryption of files on linux

we are to develope a project on linux whose aim is to automatically encrypt files after logoff and to decrypt them using password after log in this is to be made by chging source code of linux ........... can any one help me on this???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vyom
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Linux Encryption methods

Hi all, I am looking to encrypt a filesystem with a CentOS 6.4 install. However I note that when using LUKS the system does not boot without prompting for the password encryption key. I am looking for an drive/filesystem encryption solution which will allow reboots and shutdown/starts of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
4 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

How to protect Linux by full disk encryption?

Hello, you may know that linux root password can be resetted (example from rescue mode), so this means linux server offers no protection against access of data when you get somehow remote or physical access to server? So my question is how i can full encrypt linux webserver disk so no one can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Encryption

Using awk or sed command how can i encrypt the characters for a particular column.For every character it should replace the third charter of alphabets.Example replace "A" with "C" and "B" with "D"..like this it should replace for all characters in particular column. Using below command i am able... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
3 Replies

9. AIX

Tape Encryption

Hi guys: I've been trying to find information about how to encrypt a backup to tape (I'm using a couple of simple commands: tar, find | backup), I didn't find a real example of how to do that, just a couple of white papers and information about the methods that use the backup,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AixExplorer
5 Replies
lx(5)							Standards, Environments, and Macros						     lx(5)

NAME
lx - Linux branded zone DESCRIPTION
The lx brand uses the branded zones framework described in brands(5) to enable Linux binary applications to run unmodified on a machine with a Solaris Operating System kernel. The lx brand includes the tools necessary to install a CentOS 3.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.x distribution inside a non-global zone. The brand supports the execution of 32-bit Linux applications on x86/x64 machines running the Solaris system in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode. Supported Linux Distributions The lx brand emulates the system call interfaces provided by the Linux 2.4.21 kernel, as modified by Red Hat in the RHEL 3.x distributions. This kernel provides the system call interfaces consumed by the glibc version 2.3.2 released by Red Hat. In addition, the lx brand partially emulates the Linux /dev and /proc interfaces. Configuration and Administration The lx brand supports the whole root non-global zone model. All of the required linux packages are installed into the private file systems of the zone. The zonecfg(1M) utility is used to configure an lx branded zone. Once a branded zone has been installed, that zone's brand cannot be changed or removed. The zoneadm(1M) utility is used to report the zone's brand type and administer the zone. The zlogin(1) utility is used to log in to the zone. Application Support The lx zone only supports user-level Linux applications. You cannot use Linux device drivers, Linux kernel modules, or Linux file systems from inside an lx zone. You cannot add any non-standard Solaris devices to a Linux zone. Any attempt to do so will result in a zone that zonecfg(1M) will refuse to verify. You cannot run Solaris applications inside an lx zone. Solaris debugging tools such as DTrace (see dtrace(1M)) and mdb (see mdb(1)) can be applied to Linux processes executing inside the zone, but the tools themselves must be running in the global zone. Any core files generated are produced in the Solaris format, and such files can only be debugged with Solaris tools. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlxr, SUNWlxu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), brands(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D) SunOS 5.11 19 Sep 2006 lx(5)