Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Encryption in Linux?
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Encryption in Linux? Post 302991166 by Corona688 on Tuesday 7th of February 2017 10:34:21 AM
Old 02-07-2017
Keep in mind that installing whole-disk-encryption, done right, means having to type in a password to boot (or provide some sort of key via flash drive or other means). Otherwise it just amounts to security by obscurity.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

encryption is possible??

NEED expertise help for this topic!!! Question 1: Is encryption possible for the shell scriping programing? shadow the scriping file, do think is impossible... Question2: built a simple program with the simplicity function that allow user change settings by enter corret name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trynew
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File encryption/Key encryption ????

My dilemma, I need to send, deemed confidential, information via e-mail (SMTP). This information is sitting as a file on AIX. Typically I can send this data as a e-mail attachment via what we term a "mail filter" using telnet. I now would like to somehow encrypt the data and send it to a e-mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

3. Linux

It is possible to find out when a particular encryption key was imported in linux

Hi All, In linux server some encryption keys were imported using gpg command. I want to know when those keys was imported. Is there any way to get when the encryption keys were imported? Thanks in advance.. :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: latika
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

help regarding encryption and decryption of files on linux

we are to develope a project on linux whose aim is to automatically encrypt files after logoff and to decrypt them using password after log in this is to be made by chging source code of linux ........... can any one help me on this???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vyom
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Linux Encryption methods

Hi all, I am looking to encrypt a filesystem with a CentOS 6.4 install. However I note that when using LUKS the system does not boot without prompting for the password encryption key. I am looking for an drive/filesystem encryption solution which will allow reboots and shutdown/starts of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
4 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

How to protect Linux by full disk encryption?

Hello, you may know that linux root password can be resetted (example from rescue mode), so this means linux server offers no protection against access of data when you get somehow remote or physical access to server? So my question is how i can full encrypt linux webserver disk so no one can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Encryption

Using awk or sed command how can i encrypt the characters for a particular column.For every character it should replace the third charter of alphabets.Example replace "A" with "C" and "B" with "D"..like this it should replace for all characters in particular column. Using below command i am able... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
3 Replies

9. AIX

Tape Encryption

Hi guys: I've been trying to find information about how to encrypt a backup to tape (I'm using a couple of simple commands: tar, find | backup), I didn't find a real example of how to do that, just a couple of white papers and information about the methods that use the backup,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AixExplorer
5 Replies
brands(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros						 brands(5)

NAME
brands - alternate operating environments for non-global zones DESCRIPTION
The branded zone (BrandZ) framework extends the Solaris Zones infrastructure described in zones(5) to include the creation of brands, which provide non-global zones that contain non-native operating environments. The term "brand" can refer to a wide range of operating environments. All brand management is performed as extensions to the current zones structure. Every zone is configured with an associated brand. The brand type is used to determine which scripts are executed when a zone is installed and booted. In addition, a zone's brand is used to properly identify the correct application type at application launch time. The default is the native brand. A branded zone will support exactly one brand of non-native binary, which means that a branded zone provides a single operating environ- ment. Once a zone has been assigned a brand, that brand cannot be changed or removed. BrandZ extends the zones tools in the following ways: o A brand is an attribute of a zone, set at zone create time. o The zonecfg tool (see zonecfg(1M)) is used to set a zone's brand type and configure the zone. o The zoneadm tool (see zoneadm(1M)) is used to report a zone's brand type and administer the zone. Device Support The devices supported by each zone are documented in the man pages and other documentation for that brand. The zones infrastructure detects any attempt to add an unsupported device and issues a warning to the administrator. If the administrator chooses to add an unsupported device despite that warning, that device might or might not work as expected. The configuration will be untested and unsupported. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzoneu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), in.rlogind(1M), sshd(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), kill(2), priocntl(2), getzoneid(3C), ucred_get(3C), getzoneid(3C), proc(4), attributes(5), lx(5), native(5), privileges(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D), crgetzoneid(9F) SunOS 5.11 13 Feb 2009 brands(5)