Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help make pkgadd command Non-Interactive Post 302991086 by Corona688 on Monday 6th of February 2017 02:29:19 PM
Old 02-06-2017
Log in with the username 'root' and root's password. This usually can't be done over ssh, only over a local terminal.

If you have a user with administrative privileges (meaning can change from system to system, membership in the 'wheel' group is sometimes sufficient) you can 'su - root', type in root's password, and login as root. This is an actual login, and does not involve sudo, or require a local terminal.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a cshell (csh) script interactive

Experts, I tried to make my cshell script interactive by asking the user for password and trying to read the input using the "read" command. I have been unsuccessful so far. Do you have any idea ? Thanks Jim (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SU command in non interactive mode

Can i run the SU command in a non interactive mode. What i want to do is to pass the username and the password as commandline or batch parameters. Please let me if its possible and how to pass them. A sample file will be appreciated. Thanks, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitag
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make interactive shell script a automated one?

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.I have written a very simple shell scipt that asks for the username and password on executing. i.e echo "Enter username :" read usrname; echol "Enter password :"; read passwd; echo usrname; echo passwd; but now I want to make it automatic , such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nohup has a terrible bad performance compared with interactive command, why?

I have a strange situation. I'm running a shell script containing several data uploads (using Oracle sqlloader utility). This script is being run on a Red Hat server. I tried to run it in background: $ nohup upload.sh & This script uploads some thousands files. After several hours I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viniciov
0 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

6. AIX

Non interactive command output using script command ?

Hello, Script command helps to save command output to file. (Redicection doesn't work in this case). Besides interactive shell 'recording', Linux script command has "-c" option which allows to record output of some non-interactive command. The problem is that AIX script command variant... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make command line interactive?

I have a file with stats for different month, I use the cat and grep combination to search for different month. cat <file> | grep "April" cat <file> | grep "May" cat <file> | grep "June" etc. How do you make this command interactive. So that I can give the values for the search. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: purelltab
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect command use for interactive mode of scripting

Hi All, I am writing a script(Auto_Installation.sh) which is calling one another script (./update_manager /spare/install/HO7/PME_Response_file.txt) Now the issue is result of (./update_manager /spare/install/HO7/PME_Response_file.txt) script is ##########################################... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dhruvak
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using an interactive command

Hello experts, I have a to write script for monitoring, the script would use a command and I plan to write the script as follows while true do command -arg sleep 2 clear done The output would be set up on a screen for monitoring. However the issue is that the command used in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-interactive pkgadd not working.

Inorder to make the pkgadd non-interactive i tried couple of things but both failed. 1. sudo pkgadd -n /u/mont/admin -d /u/mont/dbprd.pkg pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </var/spool/pkg> 2. yes all | sudo pkgadd -a /u/mont/admin -d /u/mont/dbprd.pkg ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
0 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)