Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Upgrading from Suse Linux 10.1(x86-64) Post 302991083 by Corona688 on Monday 6th of February 2017 01:15:20 PM
Old 02-06-2017
Without knowing anything about the software, it's tough to guess how to migrate it. That it's SuSE doesn't really tell me anything. But trial and error really isn't an option on an unsupported commercial product unless your backups are very, very good.

I'd suggest not doing anything without a complete, disk-clone deep backup -- so if you mess up, you can restore it to a known working state. (Or swap in the old hard drive.)

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Suse LINUX

What is the equivalent of sun explorer in suse linux? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

linux ultimate edition upgrading!!

How can I upgrade my ultimate edition from 9.0 to 11.4 without re-installation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Msoviet
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Upgrading java on solaris 10 x86 32 bit

I have java installed on my solaris 10 as /usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0 , but i need to install Weblogic for that i need -- JDK Sun Java 2 JDK 6.0 Update 05 with the Java HotSpot™ Client and Server VMs (32-bit) and all later service packs of 6.0 How can i upgrade my java for this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jain_sharad143
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

terminator shell not working after upgrading ubuntu linux

Terminator is a program that allows users to set up flexible arrangements of GNOME terminals. It has stopped working for me after upgrading to ubuntu 11.10. it does not give prompt to type anything. Just stuck with /bin/bash in the title. I removed and installed again, same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
2 Replies
SYSLOG(8)							  System Logging							 SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)