Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Improving code
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Improving code Post 302991072 by jiam912 on Monday 6th of February 2017 11:23:14 AM
Old 02-06-2017
Thanks for the advices.

Yes it is clear that my code is a big a mess , but to be honest that is what i can do till. now.. we learn daily.. hope in the future improve more.

Regards

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

improving my script

Hi; I want to access our customer database to retreive all clients that have as language index 2 or 3 and take their client number. My input is a file containing all client numbers. i access the data base using a function call "scpshow". The total number of clients i want to scan is 400 000... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcheaib
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Improving Unix Skills

Kindly any advice to improve my unix skills as electronic books i can download or valuable sites as this one etc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improving this validate function

Hi guys, I use this function which was provided to me by someone at this site. It works perfectly for validating a users input option against allowed options.. example: validateInput "1" "1 3 4 5" would return 0 (success) function validateInput { input=$1 allowedInput=$2 for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyscho
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improving code by using associative arrays

I have the following code, and I am changing it to #!/bin/bash hasArgumentCModInfile=0 hasArgumentSrcsInfile=0 hasArgumentRcvsInfile=0 OLDIFS="$IFS" IFS="|=" # IFS controls splitting. Split on "|" and "=", not whitespace. set -- $* # Set the positional... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic help improving for in loop

I'm obviously very new to this. I'm trying to write a simple for loop that will read the directory names in /Users and then copy a file into the same subdir in each user directory. I have this, and it works but it isn't great. #!/bin/bash HOMEDIRS=/Users/* for dirs in $HOMEDIRS; do if ];... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heath_T
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help improving my script.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this and provide input. To start, I am not a linux/unix expert but I muddle through the best I can. I am also in no way shape or form a programmer. Please keep that in mind as you read this script. This script is designed to find all files in a given... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garlandxj11
8 Replies
shishi_kdcreq_till(3)						      shishi						     shishi_kdcreq_till(3)

NAME
shishi_kdcreq_till - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> int shishi_kdcreq_till(Shishi * handle, Shishi_asn1 kdcreq, char ** till, size_t * tilllen); ARGUMENTS
Shishi * handle Shishi library handle create by shishi_init(). Shishi_asn1 kdcreq KDC-REQ variable to get client name from. char ** till pointer to newly allocated zero terminated string containing "till" field with generalized time. May be NULL (to only populate realmlen). size_t * tilllen pointer to length of till on output, excluding terminating zero. May be NULL (to only populate tilllen). DESCRIPTION
Get "till" field (i.e. "endtime") in KDC-REQ, as zero-terminated string. The string is typically 15 characters long. The string is allo- cated by this function, and it is the responsibility of the caller to deallocate it. Note that the output length realmlen does not include the terminating zero. RETURN VALUE
Returns SHISHI_OK iff successful. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_kdcreq_till(3)