Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity DSL Modem 192.168.a.b botnet member me? Post 302991029 by zaxxon on Monday 6th of February 2017 02:52:28 AM
Old 02-06-2017
If the modem/router is delivered/sold by the provider and they deny support, they might lose a customer next time Smilie
Anyway, I have no clue about this but you can get alternative FW for WLAN-routers. Not sure if this is the case for yours, but the projects have usually listed models of routers that are supported iirc. I tried once DD-WRT with my Asus WLAN-Router and it worked well.
Check Wikipedia for a list of available projects.
Though keep in mind, you can trash your router with it, if the update fails.
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem - Test /dev/modem

Ok. I tried following the directions from some of the other threads, but I've hit a road block. I have red hat 7.3 and I installed the hcf package: hcfpcimodem-0.99lnxtbeta03042700k2.4.18_3-1rh.i386.rpm It installed ok, no errors, but I still can't get linux to find my modem. I've tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

2. Linux

get innet access by dualup to linux box connected to dsl through phone line modem

Hi! I'm looking for a sollution on this task: is there any way to make linux as some sort of personal ISP, with would let me/somebody else get internet access by dialing up to linux box through phoneline? to use it as sort of a proxy or something simular? I could manage it on windows 2000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: V@no
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

XIO: fatal IO error 232 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "192.168.1.239:0.0"

Hi All... I'm newbie here..., i have problem when installing oracle9206, i use HPUX 11.11, i'm using Xmanager enterprise 2.1 for forwarding from server A to my laptop # export DISPLAY=192.168.1.239:0.0 # echo $DISPLAY output ==> 192.168.1.239:0.0 at the oracle directory, i execute ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grimanda
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

publishing 192.168 address internally

OK this is what I want to do: On server1 I want to type <ping server2> and be able to get: pinging 192.168.0.12 ...... etc. and by server2, I mean one-word, not server2.example.com I know if I add the addresses to /etc/hosts I can achieve this, but I would like to not have to update all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertical98
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat/delete per line any word "192.168.1.12"

Hi All Can u help me.. My problem is delete word per line sample: cat /tmp/file.txt monitor 192.168.1.11 Copying files in current directory 1 monitor 192.168.1.1 Copying files in current directory 2 monitor 192.168.1.12 Copying files in current directory 3 monitor 192.168.1.14... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Botnet Victims Map

Our site is currently "under abuse" from a botnet which is directing a small subset of internet users (not forum users) to a rarely used full page advertising URL and attempting to redirect the user, via that URL to other web sites. This is a kind of "spam" botnet; using a URL redirection... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
16 Replies

7. Web Development

Botnet Map from $_SERVER[HTTP_REFERER]

4000 node Botnet derived from PHP superglobal $_SERVER mapped with Google Maps Engine. https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums112-picture640.png total ips 54945 unique ips 4000 unique countries 64 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
GSHADOW(5)						   File Formats and Conversions 						GSHADOW(5)

NAME
gshadow - shadowed group file DESCRIPTION
/etc/gshadow contains the shadowed information for group accounts. This file must not be readable by regular users if password security is to be maintained. Each line of this file contains the following colon-separated fields: group name It must be a valid group name, which exist on the system. encrypted password Refer to crypt(3) for details on how this string is interpreted. If the password field contains some string that is not a valid result of crypt(3), for instance ! or *, users will not be able to use a unix password to access the group (but group members do not need the password). The password is used when an user who is not a member of the group wants to gain the permissions of this group (see newgrp(1)). This field may be empty, in which case only the group members can gain the group permissions. A password field which starts with a exclamation mark means that the password is locked. The remaining characters on the line represent the password field before the password was locked. This password supersedes any password specified in /etc/group. administrators It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Administrators can change the password or the members of the group. Administrators also have the same permissions as the members (see below). members It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Members can access the group without being prompted for a password. You should use the same list of users as in /etc/group. FILES
/etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. SEE ALSO
gpasswd(5), group(5), grpck(8), grpconv(8), newgrp(1). shadow-utils 4.1.5.1 05/25/2012 GSHADOW(5)