Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Please help Linux system is down... Post 302990926 by Neo on Friday 3rd of February 2017 12:12:59 AM
Old 02-03-2017
Please do not upload screenshots in document format.

Please attach them as images.

Thanks.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

2 in 1 Linux system

i have heard that you can have 2 computers running and mak it so one syste will use the other systems CPU though the network or some thing like that. first, is this true? if so how do i set it up with Mandrake 9.2 or higher? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_newbe
6 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operating system LINUX

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paradise
0 Replies

3. Linux

Linux system

Is it true that a well setup Linux system is very hard to break into, not impossible, just hard to do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
4 Replies

4. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

6. Programming

Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer?

Hi all What is the qualification required by Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer as to gain complete knowledge on computers. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
1 Replies

7. Linux

Best Linux monitoring system

Hi all, I'm looking for the best tool to monitor the Linux system. I've found a lot of interesting tools searching the web but I didn't find one which can do all the requirments (like a one in all tool). I would prefer it to include a command line interface also. Thank you, Andreea (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreea9322
0 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Best system monitoring for Linux

Hi all, I'm looking for the best tool to monitor the Linux system. I've found a lot of interesting tools searching the web but I didn't find one which can do all the requirments (like a one in all tool). I would prefer it to include a command line interface also. Thank you, Andreea (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andreea9322
1 Replies
hdik(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   hdik(8)

NAME
hdik -- lightweight tool to attach and mount disk images in-kernel SYNOPSIS
hdik imagefile [options] hdik -e device DESCRIPTION
hdik is a simple tool that can be used to attach disk images directly to the DiskImages driver. The end result is functionally similar to passing -kernel to hdiutil(1)'s attach verb. hdik does not rely upon the presence of DiskImages or other high-level frameworks. The DiskImages driver only supports a selection of disk image formats: UDRW, UDRO, UDZO, ULFO, SPARSE (UDSP). It also supports shadow files. hdiutil(1)'s imageinfo verb indicates whether a particular image is kernel compatible. hdik requires root access to perform its functions. In the first form, an image to attach must be provided: imagefile path to the disk image file to attach. In its second form, hdik issues an eject command to the specified device. The argument is the full device node path (e.g. /dev/disk2). Any volumes mounted from the device must be unmounted first, or the command will fail. See umount(8). OPTIONS
-shadow [shadowfile] Use a shadow file in conjunction with the data in the image. This option prevents modification of the original image and allows read-only images to be used as read/write images. When blocks are being read from the image, blocks present in the shadow file override blocks in the base image. When blocks are being written, the writes will be redirected to the shadow file. If not specified, -shadow defaults to <imagename>.shadow. If the shadow file does not exist, it is created. -nomount Suppress automatic mounting of filesystems contained within the image. This will result in /dev entries being created, but will not mount any volumes. -drivekey keyname=value Specify a key/value pair for the IOHDIXHDDrive object created (shows up in the IOKit registry of devices which is viewable with ioreg(8)). SEE ALSO
hdiutil(1), diskarbitrationd(8), diskutil(8), umount(8), ioreg(8) macOS 20 Mar 2014 macOS